Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know how to register with Revenue as an Employer?

Options
  • 10-04-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to register with Revenue as an employer and is it easy to do, is there any legal resonsibilities that it involves, is it easier to do than to register a Ltd company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Fitz123

Hey Dude,

Yeah the Form Tr1 is the document used to register as an employer. As far as I can remember you can register for VAT on it too. It is relatively straight forward and painless to register.

If registering as an employer you will have responsibilities from a tax compliance point of view as well as employment law, health and safety etc etc.

Initially as it is less complex a lot go down the sole trader point of view. There are also more costs involved in forming a ltd company

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

You do not need to register a limited company to be an employer. You can also be a sole trader or a partnership and register as an employer. In this case you will need to complete form TR2.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭NCG

TR1/TR2 if you are not already tax registered. If you are, you complete form "PREMReg" (search for it on revenue.ie).

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

i've one or two lads who i need to employ for 10 -15 hours work a week for the next 3 months . I'll need to register myself as their employer . Is the TR1 the best way to go about it ? I don't have much of a clue about this. Thanks

Advertisement