If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Denon DNP 720

Options
  • 10-04-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking for a music only media streamer that doesn't require a TV for operation. Found the Cambridge Audio NP 30 as well as the Denon DNP 720 on your website, (both excellent I am sure) but I was looking for something < 100 euro (yeah, I know), and smaller - this is just to add the network access experience to my Sony mini hifi box in the bedroom.

Would like to replace the Sony with the Denon Ceol but after upgrading to the MA Silver RX series last year (Thanks again for the excellent price and service!) I might need to wait for another year to get it past the missus...

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Newirishman,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Both the Denon and Cambridge are fantastic products. New Cambridge Audio streamer out soon too which looks great:

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/summary.php?PID=952

I wouldn't have any media streamers under £100. But I do have a internet radio that will also allow you to access any files on your network.

It's the Monitor Audio Airstream 10:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/airstream/airstream-10/

This is a great sounding and fairly easy to use system. Wifi built in so no need for any extra dongles or anything. Also have the option to use ethernet if you wanted to hard wire it to your router.

It also has a line out so it can be connected in to your current Sony system. :)

I can offer this delivered for just €178.67 for the DAB version.

For non DAB I can deliver for just £128.67.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭newirishman

Thanks for quick reply!

That CA audio streamer looks great as well, but we are moving even further away from my budget :)

The MA looks great I have to say - The non-DAB is 128 EURO I assume, that is delivered to Dublin?
    Does the non-DAB come in white as well, or only the DAB version?

Thx

Hi again,

The Aistream only comes in white on the DAB version unfortunately.

Oops, yea. The non DAB is €128.67 delivered.

Chris

Convinced. PM sent.

Hey newirishman.

Thanks for the order.

Your order has been dispatched and should arrive with you tomorrow :D

• Advertisement

Hey newirishman.

Thanks for the order.

Your order has been dispatched and should arrive with you tomorrow :D

That's brilliant! In time for the weekend BBQ :cool:
    Thanks again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.