Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneers in Clonmel

Options
  • 10-04-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Could anybody reccomend an auctioneer/ estate agent in Clonmel please?

Thanks,
    B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Dougan Fitzgerald is the best of them.

Personaly I wouldn't touch Moynihan Curran.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 taramori

Pat Quirke or John Stokes I would recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Residential or commercial transaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Birdfood

Thanks for the advice.

I want to sell, residential, rural, needs work. I will be pricing realistically in the hope of selling within a few months. Pot Luck whether I will or not in this climate.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

Vizzy wrote: »

Personaly I wouldn't touch Moynihan Curran.

Got to agree with Vizzy on this one, how can you be so rude and expect business. My choice is Declan Pollard and his team personally I think their very good with a great reputation. Best of luck with it anyway its a tough market at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Royco wrote: »
    Got to agree with Vizzy on this one, how can you be so rude and expect business. My choice is Declan Pollard and his team personally I think their very good with a great reputation. Best of luck with it anyway its a tough market at the moment

Rude doesn't even come close.
    I had occasion to go in to Moynihan Curran about 5 years ago(yeah during the boom).
    Had 900K to spend on 5 or 6 houses.
    Met Mr Moynihan and Ms Curran( both were in the office at the time) and enquired if they had anything on their books for about €150-€160K.

"No,we only deal in expensive houses"
    Could resist and said "Pity cos I have €900k to spend on about 5 or 6 houses"
    Bought 6 houses over the next 2 weeks from Pollards and Dougan Fitzgerald.
    Funny thing is I know both of them and they know me.

Foolish or what ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

Vizzy wrote: »
    Rude doesn't even come close.

"No,we only deal in expensive houses"

Foolish or what ?:confused:
    In 2005 I enquired about a commerical property in Clonmel off him, he told me that building doesnt suit you, we're keeping that for a multi national business WELL GUESS WHAT its 2012 and ITS STILL EMPTY. it was the old slatterys building in gladstone street, he would treat you like dirt when he talks to you, do you notice he has most of the empty commerical buildings in town the other auctioneers seem to shift their places on,

Advertisement