Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural BB Scheme Provider feedback please

• 10-04-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I've started getting letters from RBS suppliers in my area (near Glanmire, Co. Cork, but I suspect line of sight issues....) Any feedback on Airwave Internet, QSAT, Ripplecom and eMobile please? Oh, Re Airwave - RBS say max 100 Euro up front charge they want 120 (not a good omen?)

All reviews greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

SamOptimoo wrote: »
    I've started getting letters from RBS suppliers in my area (near Glanmire, Co. Cork, but I suspect line of sight issues....) Any feedback on Airwave Internet, QSAT, Ripplecom and eMobile please? Oh, Re Airwave - RBS say max 100 Euro up front charge they want 120 (not a good omen?)

All reviews greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There's a huge thread on it up above...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056262779

In short QSAT is satellite and is therefore not broadband.
    eMobile is a mobile midband solution and if you happen to be lucky you might get a reasonable service.

Ripplecom and Airwave are fixed wireless providers and are therefore broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SamOptimoo

bealtine wrote: »
    There's a huge thread on it up above...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056262779

In short QSAT is satellite and is therefore not broadband.
    eMobile is a mobile midband solution and if you happen to be lucky you might get a reasonable service.

Ripplecom and Airwave are fixed wireless providers and are therefore broadband

Many thanks for your time & reply.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SamOptimoo

Got letter today from Eircom (who were on providers list offering service) To say that they have considered again and now cannot offer service. As I get .89Mbps (up from .58 after helpful, friendly Eircom tech called round) from my "Up to 8Mbps" service I'm not shocked... Line of sight..... not had anyone call round but via email not looking too good...

Advertisement