Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non iPhone for under 300 euros

• 10-04-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Basically after a new phone as my poor old LG is on it's last legs budget is 300 euros.

Mainly want a good big screen and functionality thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Got me a Nokia Lumia 800 lately, if you can pick one up for under 300 I recommend it. Great body and build, much better than the cheap plastic "Smartphones" out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Friend showed me his Galaxy S and i was impressed im just completely out of the loop on phones atm, have some pics on my LG i need to figure out to get off it too of my dog that i would hate to lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Are you looking for contract, sim free, payg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

You won't get a Nokia Lumia 800 for under €300 unless you buy secondhand. However the Lumia 710 is in and around that price, it's a great phone with a great screen. There's not a huge amount of difference between the two, the main one would be the camera.

http://www.symbiantweet.com/nokia-lumia-800-vs-nokia-lumia-710-specs-comparison-table

The 710 is €269 on O2 pay as you go. As with the 800 it's probably only in black in Ireland. You can get pink, blue and white on amazon.de. These phones are unlocked. The black one on amazon is €239, the others are around €270.

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_de_DE=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nokia+lumia+710&x=0&y=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Galaxy S2 on adverts.ie should be around the €300 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Nokia lumia 710

Current promotion

m.carphonewarehouse.com/mt/www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/choose-tariff/NOKIA-LUMIA-710/PPAY&clearance=false

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭joei

What about an Xperia Play, it has a large touchscreen, v. responsive and the phone has lots of functionality!
    Selling one if you want, pm for details.

Don't mind contract solong as it's a good deal was looking at the 3 offer of a Iphone 4s for 20.66 a month there looks decent enough seeing as you get the phone for free

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Don't mind contract solong as it's a good deal was looking at the 3 offer of a Iphone 4s for 20.66 a month there looks decent enough seeing as you get the phone for free

€20.66 or €40.66?

You can get the lumia 800 or HTC Titan for free on Vodafone on a my way €30 plan (you'll need to add other network calls and texts if you need them) also comes with 500mb data on a 24 month contract or €99 on an 18 month contract.

I think the Samsung Galaxy II is €65 on that deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Just get an i phone you know their the best..

• Advertisement

Aren't 3 doing the HTC One X and One S on the €40.66 deal?

I think I saw that in store in Kilkeney in the shopping centre.

bryaner wrote: »
    Just get an i phone you know their the best..

In a 'one size fits all' sense, yes.

In a 'one size fits all' sense, yes.

I went from i phone to android and back to i phone I just find them smoother sleeker etc..

bryaner wrote: »
    I went from i phone to android and back to i phone I just find them smoother sleeker etc..

Yep, but there is no 'best', just personal preference.

Ahh yea contract is 40.66 and tbh it looks fairly crap as it only gives free calls to other people using three, android on prepa meteor it will be then i guess

Yep, but there is no 'best', just personal preference.

True.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

HTC One V will be around €300 mail order when it comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Jarren wrote: »

Thanks, it's €309 on expansys.ie before P&P. That Amazon offer comes to £234.41 incl. free delivery (4-5 business days) to ROI by the time you get to checkout so should end up at about €290 on the credit card.

Amazon says availabilty is April 26th.

Expansys wants your credit card details before they give you the final price - big mistake folks!

That'll do me so, plus handy if i need to take any pictures while skydiving :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement