Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in the UK - Student Bank accounts that work here and there?

• 10-04-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I want to setup a account that will allow me to function as a student in the UK and will allow for cheep money transfers from Ireland. I know citygroup has a SEPA funds transfer product that will allow for free money exchange, but I dont see anything about student accounts and do not know if that can be added to a student account. Does anyone have any advice on banks that offer student accounts that will allow me to do this or something similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Moved to NI & GB Colleges

The fees on High Street student bank accounts for transfers are broadly similar so if Citi don't offer a student account then it's a case of picking which student account from a High St. bank offers the best freebies/terms & conditions etc. I'm not sure if you were to open a student account with Ulster Bank/BOI in NI would they have some special arrangement re. the fees on cross border transfers but I know the mainland UK banks offer better sweeteners than they do to get students to open accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

None I'm afraid. I opened a student account each side of the border and got an overdraft with both accounts.

Advertisement