Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6-7k budget, help!

• 11-04-2012 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Currently thinking bout a 04/05 golf tdi, A4 or 320d. Any thoughts?? Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Given all you've told us, all of them make sense;)

What's the car going to be used for? What kind of mileage do you do? Tell us as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

Given all you've told us, all of them make sense;)

What's the car going to be used for? What kind of mileage do you do? Tell us as much as possible.
    Car going to be used by myself only, off to work and back every day, bout 200-250 miles a week it would be travelling. Wouldnt be driving it that hard either, I want something nice enough, and I'm good at minding things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Car going to be used by myself only, off to work and back every day, bout 200-250 miles a week it would be travelling. Wouldnt be driving it that hard either, I want something nice enough, and I'm good at minding things!
    What do you want in a car? What are your priorities?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

Anan1 wrote: »
    What do you want in a car? What are your priorities?
    I'd like something that looks well enough, drives smoothly, reasonable on diesel and wont give me too much trouble. It'll be travelling country roads not motorways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seems a bit pointless paying a premium for a diesel if only doing 200 - 250 miles a week. You will get better value for your money by going petrol imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seems a bit pointless paying a premium for a diesel if only doing 200 - 250 miles a week. You will get better value for your money by going petrol imo.
    And with that.........get something special. I recommend a Mazda mx5

I'd have one if my mileage was that low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Yeah, as has already been said, you're not going to be doing long enough spins on open roads to make full use of diesel, if anything shorter spins will only cause problems down the line with a diesel. You'll be much better off with a smaller petrol that gives good MPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ShaneMc2012

johnos1984 wrote: »

Agree about getting something special.. But if you still want something like a BMW what about the Z3, uncommon enough and fun to drive. This one has low mileage for a 10 year old car

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/Z3/Z3-1.9-R/201214207614163/advert?channel=CARS

Agree about getting something special.. But if you still want something like a BMW what about the Z3, uncommon enough and fun to drive. This one has low mileage for a 10 year old car

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/Z3/Z3-1.9-R/201214207614163/advert?channel=CARS
    Errr they ate shyte to drive IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ShaneMc2012

Friend of mine once had one and I didn't find them that bad! :) Maybe its just me though

• Advertisement

Friend of mine once had one and I didn't find them that bad! :) Maybe its just me though

Never liked them myself but then again I rate an mgf highly

Advertisement