Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions to ask a Solicitor

Options
  • 11-04-2012 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Myself and my partner are first-time buyers and are on the hunt for a solictor tomorrow. We received a recommendation from a friend and they seem reasonably priced, but I might just call a couple of others, just for the sake of shopping around.

In looking for one, what are the most fundamental questions to ask? Should we bring up any issues that we think may arise in the sale particluar to the house that we are interested in? If they charge a flat rate, what are the extras that should be included in this (we'd prefer to budget everything in now, I know there's VAT and searches but after that I'm not sure...:confused:)

Apologies if sounds very green, but most of our friends have never bought a house. (Our parents have in the dark ages, they can't remember most of their dealings with solictors.) (We've been scouring this forum for months now, but we're still a little in the dark as to how to approach one, or what to look for in one.)

Also, if anyone wants to make a suggestion for my solictor shopping, feel free to PM me.:)

Advertisement