Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal TUUNE

Options
  • 11-04-2012 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Anyone else on here find themselves checking this out? It's on a channel called Propeller, Sky Channel 195. The show is normally on at around 11pm til about 1am iirc. Tonight I came across this, which I was quite impressed with!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Pretty decent alright and makes a pleasant change from Scuzz et al.They play alot of more unheard of/lesser known bands which is always a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

WTF? I came across Metal TUUUNE many times and everytime I did, there was nothing even remotely related to metal (or even music iirc). Maybe I'm just horribly mistaken. I'll check it out again, thanks. Not a bad song too OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Tune in manies' o' time, it's great to see a change from the typical Scuzz/Kerrang stuff, with regards to playing artists off the highly popular spectrum. I do find a lot of the tracks on it very samey samey though, and just because the majority of the artists are unheard of it doesn't necessarily mean they're good; which can be true for METAL TUUNE I find... Still, a nice change and some of the stuff on it is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Here was another from tonight, I wrote a few down!

I'd say that two handed tapping lick is a pain in the arse to play live. ^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Fago! wrote: »
    I'd say that two handed tapping lick is a pain in the arse to play live. ^^

There's a video lesson from Josh, the guy who sings for that band online. And when he's explaining how to play the sweeping properly he says "Don't play it too fast, like this..."

*Plays it about 4 times the actual speed of the track, without missing a note*

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Eugh. Not really selling a channel if all they're putting up is this new 'metalcore' nonsense (to my ears it is.....can't stand the stuff).

But yeah, well aware of this channel and they do (or did) have a few decent tunes on it.

There's a video lesson from Josh, the guy who sings for that band online. And when he's explaining how to play the sweeping properly he says "Don't play it too fast, like this..."

*Plays it about 4 times the actual speed of the track, without missing a note*

:P

Consider me corrected so. I'm gonna try learn it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yeah I catch this occasionally
    Youd think they would try to move the channel up the EPG to be with the other music stations (350-399)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Fago! wrote: »
    Consider me corrected so. I'm gonna try learn it. :)

It's really quite easy, but it looks waaayy more difficult :) My kinda lick :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Yep, I like to switch to this in between other programs to check out new music. Its all very tough, macho and hardcore but there are some entertaining bands like Vomitory on it. Falconer and Sanguine aren't bad either. This is a good tune they play on it.

I also like how this band got on the tv, supporting the underdog etc

And Vomitory who I've mentioned before, always a laugh.

I also discovered this band through them

But yeah, there are a lot of bands which are just like skip, because you immediately know from the off that's its just going to be chug chug chug, raaawwrggh, shred solo and more raawwwwrgghhh.

Long shot but I'm trying to find out the name of a band on this program which are utter sh1te so I can check out their music. They have a rapper and the singer puts on the worst fake New York-ish American accent when he's singing. The video is similarly rubbish with them walking towards the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Long shot but I'm trying to find out the name of a band on this program which are utter sh1te so I can check out their music. They have a rapper and the singer puts on the worst fake New York-ish American accent when he's singing. The video is similarly rubbish with them walking towards the camera.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............Limp Bizkit??

frag420 wrote: »
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............Limp Bizkit??

haha, no but if I find out or anyone else does I'll post a link, it was hilariously bad, especially the singing, it was something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

Good enough if you like the extreme end of metal. Good to see the extreme people getting their own show anyhow. Its not all straight up metal anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

haha, no but if I find out or anyone else does I'll post a link, it was hilariously bad, especially the singing, it was something else.

You're not thinking of Agnostic Front's For my Family are you? Seen that on it a few times and it's all about them being from Noo Yawk. Which they are!

You're not thinking of Agnostic Front's For my Family are you? Seen that on it a few times and it's all about them being from Noo Yawk. Which they are!

No, but I found it!

It's not a sh1t as I remembered it but the singer's voice is still funny.

Advertisement