Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do from here.....

• 11-04-2012 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I am currently going through what people call recomping. I am about 3 months in now and have gained around 4-5kg body weight on average. I have been cutting fat slightly(est from 30% to 27-28%) and increasing muscle at the same time (gains in weight and mirror doesnt lie lol). My initial goal was to cut weight. But even when eating on a defecit i kept my protien intake very high and lift 3-4times a week and do 2 hours of martial arts per week and as a result have deffo put on muscle. I am still carrying excess body fat but it has gotten a little less. Lifts have gone up by almost 70%. Bicep and HC's started at 7kg and are now 22.5kg. Squats started at 15-20 and are now at 40 and sometimes 50kg depending on cycles. During this time I was on a deficit yet strength shot up. I am supping with whey, casien and creatine. Currently 195lbs or 88.8kg at 5foot 7.
    I estimate to be roughly on a 300ish-600 cal deficit per day. I have cleaned up my eating also.
    So to target fat specifically should I cut more cals, or simply keep doing as I am and wait for the results to appear. My build and fat spread is liniear and have a rugby sorta build (best way of describing it).
    Any help or pointers appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

When you first start out you'll build muscle easier (noob gains). So its not impossible to build muscle and lose fat. Being 30% BF would also lend itself to doin both. It you cur fat, you'll probably look liek you've put on muscle even if you haven't. Either way, it won't keep going. Keep lifting and eating a deficit as you have been and you keep droppign fat - muscle building will slow and stop shortly, don't sweat it.

The lifts increasing aren't only down to strength gains. Your legs haven't gotten 2.5 times as strong. A big factor is that you got better squating. That's good thing. More weight lifted = more energy burned.

If you want to post up your exact routine or diet people could suggest improvements. But at 27% body fat, the most important thing is to keep going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Blademania

Hi lads,
    Mellors advice sounds good. Your getting better at the lifting and your form is prob improving as a result so your muscles with react better then.
    When you say your on a high protein diet how much protein are you talking about per day and how often in a day including your supplements.
    Can we see your diet plan for each day?
    And as Mellor said....keep it going!!! The effort will always pay off!!

Advertisement