Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged €40 for day passes even though I chose 30 day

Options
  • 11-04-2012 3:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

I topped up via laser card on the 31st March 2012 I called the emobile customer care to activate the month pass twice. I was put through to the same guy twice and in the second call he was activating my month pass when i told him a balance request said i bought a day pass. He told me this would be sorted. This conversation was obviously recorded. That evening i got a text at 19:13 saying
    A reminder to let you know your 30 day mobile broadband pass has expired. You can buy another 30 day pass by texting the words 30 day to 50104 from your eMobile broadband device.
    It went on charging me for days passes until the 6th. So i bought another €20 top up this time a voucher from the shop. Clicked buy 30 day pass. Then noticed it was charging for day passes again and telling me my 30 day pass was still active :/

So €40 wasted on day passes that's just 12 days of internet for €40. Going to comreg about this. When i first got my modem i called emobile customer care and told them i don't want the modem ever to charge for day passes and they said they set it up so it wouldn't.

Obviously the fact it was topped up twice by values of €20 would tell you i didn't why the day pass and why is this situation still ongoing???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

chris2008x wrote: »
    I topped up via laser card on the 31st March 2012 I called the emobile customer care to activate the month pass twice. I was put through to the same guy twice and in the second call he was activating my month pass when i told him a balance request said i bought a day pass. He told me this would be sorted. This conversation was obviously recorded. That evening i got a text at 19:13 saying It went on charging me for days passes until the 6th. So i bought another €20 top up this time a voucher from the shop. Clicked buy 30 day pass. Then noticed it was charging for day passes again and telling me my 30 day pass was still active :/

So €40 wasted on day passes that's just 12 days of internet for €40. Going to comreg about this. When i first got my modem i called emobile customer care and told them i don't want the modem ever to charge for day passes and they said they set it up so it wouldn't.

Obviously the fact it was topped up twice by values of €20 would tell you i didn't why the day pass and why is this situation still ongoing???

Hi chris2008x,

If you PM your mobile broadband number and pin I can get this checked out for you.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Thanks for sorting it out Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

chris2008x wrote: »
    Thanks for sorting it out Tony

Hi chris2008x,

No problem happy to help. Let me know if any other queries.

Tony

Advertisement