Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have a cousin who has MS for almost 30 years, get all the perks

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

forfuxsake wrote: »
    Compulsory euthanasia starting now at 65 this year, 66 next year,67 the year after etc etc

Ohhh I agree and all people stricken with any disabling illnesses, we will start at that and eventually widen it to include long term and manageable illnesses.

Seriously I can't wait to have a chairlift, cool is not the word. I wonder could I get one on the grounds I on occasion have fallen up the stairs drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Please don't make a point of people with MS being allowed to live comfortably as bad economics. This sounds like populist rhetoric, but fúcking hell, have a go at the politicians, the developers and the bankers, not those with life-long debilitating illnesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

lock this mother ****er ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

haminka wrote: »
    mickdw wrote: »
    How so?
    It is at a crazy level at this stage. Grandchildren that live away getting cars for grandfathers and removing the disabled person seat from the car as they have no use for it. The people who are granted the cars dont ever sit in them in alot of cases. Perhaps its down to careless medical people in this area but it really is disgusting. As I said earlier, Ive no issue at all with people who deserve the cars getting these benefits - its actually a great scheme for those people. I have many examples though that would sicken people, well they would certainly sicken anyone who pays their way although people who fraudulently avail of this perk never seem to agree.

Are you happy that this perk is being abused?

If you know about the abuse, report it rather than bitch about it on the boards. Simplez, eh.
    ^This.

I call bollocks on your anecdotal evidence. You see thousands of these "free" cars? How can you tell? Or are you on about those little blue 3-wheeled cars that disabled people used to drive? Because I haven't seen one of them for nigh on 30 years. I certainly haven't seen one in this country.

And how do you know that the people with these "free" cars are not entitled to them? Are you their doctor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

My friend says he heard about this black Polish guy in a wheelchair

I know that guy. He changes his gender every other year too at the cost of the state.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I'm not very bothered, I just felt like making this thread for everyone to see what this man gets for free. I feel it is excessive.
    I have MS, do you have any idea of the pain involved?I mean physical pain. I don't use a wheelchair so far, thank goodness, but can only stand for a short while. He doesn't get a free car ,by the way, he gets it less taxduty, but don't let facts get in the way of small mindedness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,923 ✭✭✭SeanW

Wow, if only the OP had MS, he could partake in the (what he considers) mad free for all ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Think this thread should be closed.
    the topic OP posted shouldn't be aloud up for discussion.
    it is very disrespectful and sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

forfuxsake wrote: »
    DLA, Housing Benefit etc and most do get cars. And a host of other benefits.

We provide the car and the support you need so you can enjoy worry-free motoring, including:

A choice of around 2,000 cars
    Insurance, servicing and maintenance
    Full RAC breakdown assistance
    Annual tax disc
    Tyre and windscreen replacement
    60,000 mileage allowance over 3 years
    Many adaptations at no extra cost
    You don't have to drive - you can nominate up to two other drivers

A close family friend in the North has MS. She has her house paid for, a new car every 3 years, car tax, insurance, disability living allowance, carer's allowance for daughter, money for holidays and of course all medical care.

I have seen her many times and never once did it occur to me to be jealous. Few sane people would be.

If it weren't that it could incur a ban, I would suggest that anyone who has such a fcuking miserable, sad and pathetic life that they have time to be unhappy about the 'perks' of disablement, is themselves so severely mentally retarded that they should apply for these 'perks'* themselves.

*A perk is money, goods, or other benefit to which one is entitled as an employee or as a shareholder of a company.
    A perk is not a benefit paid to those unfortunate enough to be disabled in order to try and lessen their suffering.

Really?

I never knew, never even thought to ask what help she gets off the state!

My sister inlaw is wheel chair bound, not from ms. The only thing they got was a second hand electric wheel chair and a 2 storey council house. They needed a cottage or bungalow as she cant get upstairs, she had to sleep in the living room until they purchased a second hand chair lift off ebay. Their car is a 04 i think they got a small bit of a grant for it but they certainly didnt get a brand spanking new one.

She suffers with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_hypertension
    and needs a heart and lungs transplant, the condition is terminal, she was given 5 years to live, that was 5 years ago, she is 34 and is living on borrowed time... I bet they were wishing they get all the perks everyone else gets , it makes me wonder are people actually receiving these benefits or are they exaggerated by begrudgers? My bets are they are exaggerated !!!

My brother and sister in-law live in irleand..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I dont know whats more shocking the Op's post of the fact some one liked it :eek:

I thanked it cos I genuinely think the OP is trolling-all he does is state general assumptions and makes broad sweeping claims each one as vague as the next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

We're going to leave at that on this load of total trollox.

Thanks for playing this weeks edition of who can we blame for getting too many handouts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement