Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

covering silage

• 11-04-2012 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

anyone ever use silage film for covering the silage
    is it a good job where can you get it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

can you explain a little better what you mean?

Are you talking about using silage wrap to cover a pit?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

nah he's talking about the cling film stuff.... personally buy a new under sheet each year and use the old undersheet for a top sheet.

it is a pain rolling the undersheet back when opening the pit though.... very tempting to cut it and save the hassle:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

use it all the time for the last number of years on all pits, grass,maize,wholecrop. wouldnt go without it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭buffalobilly

yes it is the cling stuff i am talking about
    where do you get bob charles is it expensive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

whats the advantage of using this film stuff instead of the normal pit wrap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Never saw it. Any video links to how it works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

yes it is the cling stuff i am talking about
    where do you get bob charles is it expensive

Its not that expensive its about €70 a roll. The one we got is about 65 feet wide and I cant remember the lenght of it. Will last a fews years as we just cut it to match the width of the pit when you roll it out and use the "width" (65ft) to cover the lenght of the pit!if you follow.
    You put put it down first on the grass/ maize and throw the normal black stuff on top. You should have no waste if done right. Co-op should have them near you:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

I use the ZILL stuff which were the the boys first to bring it out. €100 a roll for is it 8m x 50m I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Have used the clear stuff in very difficult silage making conditions, with great results. We use 1 layer of the clear stuff, and 1 layer of the black stuff. The clear stuff we use is not uv stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭buffalobilly

can any body tell me where you can buy this cling silage cover
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

can any body tell me where you can buy this cling silage cover
    thanks
    zillnet.de/english.html

Advertisement