Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy large refuse sacks

Options
  • 11-04-2012 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

I live in a black bag area and want to try and get away with one bag of rubbish each week, The bags I buy in the city centre are to small, To save money on bag labels anybody know where I would buy large bags..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The stalls on Thomas street (across from The Clock pub). You'll get about 50 large and strong sacks for €5. They're there 6 days a week (not Sunday).

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Cheers FV, I will drop up on Saturday and get a few months supply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I get big ones in Tesco that fill up nicely and save on bin tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Are they the huge black bags? There was someone on my road who used to use them and DCC would never pick it up as the thing was huge, binmen only take bags that are liftable just to let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

the 120 litre ones in Lidl are very strong, and always get picked up by my binmen. Think they're the biggest you'd get away with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The ones on Thomas st. are about 1.5 to twice the size of your average and far easier to swing over the shoulder than a gardening bag (Tescos). They also won't burst. I did try Tesco / Dunnes / various pound shops but I realise the OP's prob. In my case, I'm talking about two people plus one cat and combined rubbish per week.
    As ever, if you put a couch or a telly into a plastic bag, they may assume you are taking the piss.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

The ones I bought down meath street ripped but he did show me how light they were, so my own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 caroline32

lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dobkfz

I used to go to a bag shop in Meath street years ago, I'm talking the 1990s is he still there.

He had a world of bags all sizes. Is he still there doe's any know.

Advertisement