Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citizenship Query

Options
  • 11-04-2012 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi Guys,

I'm 18 and I'll be 19 in September. My father is a US citizen by birth but moved back to Ireland aged 3 and has not lived there since. My Grandmother who is since deceased was a US citizen who acquired her citzenship after a few years of living in the US, she lived in the US for about 6 or 7 years as a citizen before moving back to Ireland. My Grandfather chose not to take out citizenship in the US as he did not want to get drafted. My auntie and uncle are both US citizens by birth and both lived in the US for about 10 years each but have since moved back to Ireland. Also all my cousins on my fathers side are US citizens but now live in Ireland also.

So I am trying to find if I am entitled to US citizenship aswell even though my father does not satisfy the residency requirements to pass his citizenship on to me?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated,
    Jack

Comments

Advertisement