Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy id card reader

Options
  • 11-04-2012 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Where can I find something like this?
    It's a ID card reader
    article528341914BJAb47.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

s0wh4t wrote: »
    Where can I find something like this?
    It's a ID card reader
    article528341914BJAb47.jpg

Something like this?

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_nkw=id+card+reader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

What do you want to use it for? Skimming ATMs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

The one u have on picture there is for Estonian ID card reading which any estonian living in Estonia would probably get quite easily as they need it for a lot of things. If u know any, contact them and ask if they can organize u one. Should be cheap that way.
    If u dont know any...find someone who does....or as said in previous post here, ebay is ur friend:)

Goldie, u cant use it to skim atm machines, so i assume a person wanting one might need it to use certain internet services, internet banking (for some countries u need id card reader for larger sums) or if they are from a country that provides id card as international document that is valid even in travels and equal to passport, then u can use ur id card reader with id card for range of activities..pretty much anything really.
    These countries normally require any official e-letters to authorities to be signed by e-signature that can only be provided by using ur id-card in reader... So sucks when u need to get some info or send some info and it isnt accepted simply cos ur reader busted...
    Just a random example..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 s0wh4t

kart wrote: »
    The one u have on picture there is for Estonian ID card reading which any estonian living in Estonia would probably get quite easily as they need it for a lot of things. If u know any, contact them and ask if they can organize u one. Should be cheap that way.
    If u dont know any...find someone who does....or as said in previous post here, ebay is ur friend:)

Goldie, u cant use it to skim atm machines, so i assume a person wanting one might need it to use certain internet services, internet banking (for some countries u need id card reader for larger sums) or if they are from a country that provides id card as international document that is valid even in travels and equal to passport, then u can use ur id card reader with id card for range of activities..pretty much anything really.
    These countries normally require any official e-letters to authorities to be signed by e-signature that can only be provided by using ur id-card in reader... So sucks when u need to get some info or send some info and it isnt accepted simply cos ur reader busted...
    Just a random example..

Acually yeah, i am estonian.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

In this case its really cheapst to find someone who would send u one over from there. Or if u still have a bank account in Estonia, contact them with a sob-story of how u need to do some super important things with it and if u get to speak to a willing enough client service person, they even might send u one over with no extra charge :)
    At least the swedish-owned banks there have allowances to send stuff to abroad for their customers:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement