Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom problem rant

Options
  • 11-04-2012 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

i have been in contact with eircom for the past 8 weeks trying to get a better broadband package, i have a 1mb home starter package which is not good enough to watch iplayer or netflix etc which is what i would like.

several line tests have been requested call backs arranged but none done
    no call back and as i found out today no line test has been done of course eircom say they will request a line test and will call me back, there is no evidence that this will happen, it hasnt happenned yet.

the manager dealing with my query will call you back before 4.30, doesnt happen i ring next day he's out of the office or on a day off.

3mb wireless with lightnet is my only other option but i dont want to leave eircom
    i am in a new house less than 1km from an adsl2 enabled exchange why can i not get good broadband or a proper answer from eircom?

but they just keep saying we will do a line test and call you back 8 weeks on its unreal. no point switching as eircom controls the line quality any way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

tell them you are going
    that should make them get the finger out

they can then claim you as one of the 60k who returned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

i have been in contact with eircom for the past 8 weeks trying to get a better broadband package, i have a 1mb home starter package which is not good enough to watch iplayer or netflix etc which is what i would like.

several line tests have been requested call backs arranged but none done
    no call back and as i found out today no line test has been done of course eircom say they will request a line test and will call me back, there is no evidence that this will happen, it hasnt happenned yet.

the manager dealing with my query will call you back before 4.30, doesnt happen i ring next day he's out of the office or on a day off.

3mb wireless with lightnet is my only other option but i dont want to leave eircom
    i am in a new house less than 1km from an adsl2 enabled exchange why can i not get good broadband or a proper answer from eircom?

but they just keep saying we will do a line test and call you back 8 weeks on its unreal. no point switching as eircom controls the line quality any way

Hi John,

Can you PM me with your telephone number or eircom account number so I can check the contact history with eircom and get a response for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭john hanrahan

well it seems i can get faster bb have been getting 2.5 on a 3mb package could i hope for 7?? so thanks mark massive difference over 1mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

well it seems i can get faster bb have been getting 2.5 on a 3mb package could i hope for 7?? so thanks mark massive difference over 1mb

Hi John,

The re-test information has not filtered through our systems yet but it should be tomorrow. I am glad the speed is faster than before and I will get back to you soon once I have the speed results.

Thanks, Mark

to update my line has been tested and can support 17mb so i m on a 7mb package which is great, it took some time finally decent bb perseverance pays off

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Really glad you got sorted out in the end John, the only thing I would say to you now is, when the glow of having a 'decent' broadband speed wears off, have a look at the pricing for that 7MB offering you are currently on, and compare it to what the same company, Eircom is supplying 8MB NGB for to customers not 15 mile away from you and realise just how much you are being overcharged and under served.

In any case, enjoy your new speeds and fair play to you for persisting until it was sorted.

I agree but I cannot get NGB so thats not an issue yet. I did consider changing provider but reviews of most other providers are not great even though they are cheaper.

One of the reasons I persevered with eircom is that they are the only company who actually can do something the rest are resellers and when you hit a problem with them theres not much they can do.

I switched to BT a few years ago and it was a dreadful experience, so bad that the fear of the BT experience helped me persevere for 3-4 months of ringing eircom.

I do however want cheaper bb and when the glow wears of will keep an eye out for better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Fair play John, and the 7MB will indeed serve you well for home use, enjoy it!

Advertisement