Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 7) April 13th 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

€15 for adults. And yes you can buy them at the ground.
    Many Boh's fans heading to the Bowl?

We usually bring a couple of hundred. I'd hazard a guess at around 500. There'd have been a few more in previous years but crowds will probably be lower this year.
    Snakeblood wrote: »
    Thanks.

Are Bohs the popular team then? When I say new, I'm not kidding.

Bohs are the Big Club!!!!!

Rovers would, now, be the most supported club but this is because of their brand new stadium in a prime location. In Tolka a few years ago they wouldn't have gotten that many.
    Bohs used to get maybe 3k at games in 02/03 but they've taken a hit through mismanagement and the increasing of Adult ticket prices to €20. This has since been reduce to €15, Students €10, but crowds haven't really picked up that much since. We get about 1300 on average to around 3k at the big games.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭not1but4

doncarlos wrote: »
    Dundalk are wearing green and white hoops. Feel free to cheer for them

Dundalk will be wearing its new Banana skin jersey http://www.dundalkfc.com/2012-away-jersey-unveiled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

stovelid wrote: »
    Snakeblood, you won't have any problem getting tickets. They sell them in a booth outside the ground. Game kicks off at 745 tonight.

You can choose between West stand which is mostly families and is quieter or the east stand which is where the singing support is and most of the people stand.

Average attendance has been about 4500 so far and its good craic. Plenty of food outlets in the ground.

Ask here or PM if you need any more info.

Cheers, I'll see if I can get out for this, I'll probably go to the families side. My knees pack up after about 10 minutes and the sight of a grown man whimpering and clutching his knees tends to bring people down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Congrats Des.

I'm heading up to Tallaght and I'm taking a girl with me.

I thought kick-off was 8pm tonight? If not, I've gotta get moving.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Congrats Des.

Cheeky ride in the jacks? Good man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Yes It's 8pm KO.

Nice to see new faces coming to the games, hope you enjoy it Snakeblood.

I'm predicting a 2-0 win. If we it's 5-0 ill put the pats result down to a blip, if not its time to cry some more.

Hoping Derry win, they dont look the same force as last year so I'd say Sligo are long term contenders along with pats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City get 2 in 5mins!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Bohs 1 up at half time. UCD the better side though. Playing some great football. Unlucky not to be level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Made it just in time.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Reckon he posts on the christianity forum.

Me or Pascal?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Congrats Des.

Cheeky ride in the jacks? Good man!

What can I say, I'm a classy guy.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 nil city and mons down to 10!

4 for city - we might get 3 pts tonight.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

4-0 now to City.

Hopefully this will kick start the season.

Forgot what it felt like to win game there for while.

We've scored more tonight than in all 6 games so far:pac:

6-0 WOOP WOOP

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

1-2 in the end at the Bowl. Disappointed as both Bohs goals came from McGinley being carelessly of his line and getting lobbed twice. UCD also hit the woodwork twice. Very entertaining game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Actually feel a bit guilty coming out of that game with a win, we were that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

CSF wrote: »
    Actually feel a bit guilty coming out of that game with a win, we were that bad.

Ah no, there were some great performances out there tonight - Paiso and Cronin were top class.

born2bwild wrote: »
    Ah no, there were some great performances out there tonight - Paiso and Cronin were top class.
    Defensively he was good, but he was one of the main reasons we were hoofing everything into nowhere. Seriously, that sort of football can be excused away to some of the better teams in the league, but not at home to teams we should be looking to impose ourself against. A neutral would never have known we were the home team based on what was going on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Drogs defended well and reduced us to little or no chances.

Brennan brothers were filthy animals intent on crippling Forrester, obvioulsy the sister Gillian was on to them :p

Do you mean Paiso or Cronin?

Overall, it was better than against Dundalk, anyway - less hoofing and the odd decent move. The passing was a good bit more accurate than last week. Ian Ryan's passing was not as wasteful as it is normally is.

Casso is not on form at all and that means the midfield is not firing on all cylinders. If you can't rely on your midfield there is always the temptation to hook in to the wings or hoof it up and give Philly a run.

Two very well taken goals - and they came from relatively well-worked sequences of play - I wouldn't be as down on the overall performance as you seem to be.

Do you mean Paiso or Cronin?

Overall, it was better than against Dundalk, anyway - less hoofing and the odd decent move. The passing was a good bit more accurate than last week. Ian Ryan's passing was not as wasteful as it is normally is.

Casso is not on form at all and that means the midfield is not firing on all cylinders. If you can't rely on your midfield there is always the temptation to hook in to the wings or hoof it up and give Philly a run.

Two very well taken goals - and they came from relatively well-worked sequences of play - I wouldn't be as down on the overall performance as you seem to be.
    Paiso. We never even started trying to pass the ball through the midfield. I don't know what Casso is expected to do when the ball spends the game flying over his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

6-0 WOOP WOOP

Were you's not meant to be sh!te or something??!!! What the hell were you's playing at tonight??!

Drogs defended well and reduced us to little or no chances.

Brennan brothers were filthy animals intent on crippling Forrester, obvioulsy the sister Gillian was on to them :p

I genuinely was thinking this during the week, i wonder will the Brennans go after
    Forrester??!! Ha!!! Was the Pat's fan who gave him stick there tonight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

You only had to look at Forrester and he was rolling around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sorry, maybe my fault for getting it wrong.

Hope you enjoyed the game. You too, Snakeblood.

We're Shamrock Rovers, we score when we want. :cool:

One thing I like about Kenny he realizes mistakes and makes changes. Some good ball from Rovers albeit against an awfully poor Duindalk side.

Twigg shutting up a few people this season - I make that 11 goals already? And 4 for Dennehy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

We're Shamrock Rovers, we score when we want. :cool:

I dont think we were watching the same game so. While it was a great performance and never really looked threatened with the exception of Sivves' block, we are still terrible at finishing. Im not sure if it's down to luck or what but we miss so many chances. Billy could have had a hat trick of goals from 6 yards out. Im not sure I can complain though...we've scored twice as many as any other team

We're lucky we create so many chances. I thought McCabe and McCormack were excellent down the right wing.

My heart jumped when Thompson was in goal last season, but this season it's a lot worse. Pierterse was shaking enough against SD, I wonder when he'll get a big proper though.

Ebbs wrote: »
    we've scored twice as many as any other team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Brought some newbs along to the Cross tonight.

Think they're hooked muahaha.gif

Daryl Horgan is just awesome.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

6-0 is a good tonic..good to see Twigg cash in..also a good sign that GON came back in. Twigg and him are a potent combination imo..

Is Roderick going to start looking for the exit door...

markc1184 wrote: »
    You only had to look at Forrester and he was rolling around!

Was he, yeah!??? :rolleyes:

Nothing kills a LOI thread like a Rovers rampage. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It's usually what makes a thread run and run.... :pac:

Disappointing performance from us last night, but we're getting points on the board.

Skinner starting to silence his critics with that penalty save though hearts in the mouth time when he dropped one late on. :D

A win next week (Drogheda away) would have us sitting pretty!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Delighted with last night. Our players finally showed some balls. Great to get the clean sheet as well as all the goals.

Onwards and upwards from here. Tough next few games tho. Rovers next week then away to Drumcondra reds. Ill be happy if we get two points.

gimmick wrote: »
    Delighted with last night. Our players finally showed some balls. Great to get the clean sheet as well as all the goals.

Onwards and upwards from here. Tough next few games tho. Rovers next week then away to Drumcondra reds. Ill be happy if we get two points.

Really looking forward to Shels game as wont be home next weekend.

I like to think we could win 1 of those after last night. 4 points would be great.

dfx- wrote: »
    also a good sign that GON came back in. Twigg and him are a potent combination imo..

Gary o Neill looking like the player we thought we had signed originally. Twigg in double figures after 7 games. Unreal.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

3 goals scored this season, we're flying :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oh look they back :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

3 goals scored this season, we're flying :)

Table looks that little bit better at least. ;)

Top of the league regardless after the first phase of games. Very happy with that! Come on the Town!

Oh look they back :p

We're not Sligo or Bohs. We post when we get beaten as well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Top of the league regardless after the first phase of games. Very happy with that! Come on the Town!

Deserved on the games I've seen. It is really going to get tight before the season ends. Lims to get promoted but not before they in fight like alley cats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

oldyouth wrote: »
    Deserved on the games I've seen. It is really going to get tight before the season ends. Lims to get promoted but not before they in fight like alley cats
    +1 old youth
    but the Harps are coming to spoil the party!
    (i mean the wee harps... tomorrow to take the u19 title... hope remains for the seniors tho! roll on ko)

Get in! One nil after 15 mins! Kirby has still got it! :D

• Advertisement

Great player. Still Prem level. Would love to have him for Shels.

1-1 (one of the u19s:D) curtis on for bonner too would suggest we fancy our chances, 4-4-2 as opposed to the 4-5-1 start

Great player. Still Prem level. Would love to have him for Shels.

Agree with you on that, definitely still Prem level

overshoot wrote: »
    1-1 (one of the u19s:D) curtis on for bonner too would suggest we fancy our chances, 4-4-2 as opposed to the 4-5-1 start

Bollocks. Stupid ****ty passback.

go on the harps! 2-1!
    had to laugh at the et update tho
    McBride decides to take his shirt off and show off his lack of muscles. He gets a yellow for his trouble.

• Advertisement
Advertisement