Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodgments

Options
  • 11-04-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

A friend of mine owes me a few quid and they have said they lodged money into my bank account using cash in a branch this morning. Normally when I lodge cash the money is there ASAP, does it take longer when someone lodges cash just using your bank details rather than when you use your card? It's so long since I have had someone do this that I can't remember.

I have checked online but haven't had a chance to check my balance at an ATM.

I am with Bank of Ireland if that is any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

If they lodged in a BOI branch it should show up immediately. If they lodged in any other Bank it will be 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Its a Bank of Ireland branch alright, feck sake I will check the ATM at lunchtime and then maybe call them. Does it take longer with those machine things?

Thanks Lucy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

If your friend lodged in the quicklodge facility in branch may take a few hours. They usually get these done once or twice a day so may not be in till the end of the day if done this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Lux23 wrote: »
    Its a Bank of Ireland branch alright, feck sake I will check the ATM at lunchtime and then maybe call them. Does it take longer with those machine things?

Thanks Lucy.

Quicklodge machine takes longer - depends on branch on how often it is emptied.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Thanks guys, it was in there when I checked after lunch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement