Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No codes for Eircom phonewatch Alarm

Options
  • 11-04-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me out with my alarm problem. I just moved into a rental property that has an Eircom phonewatch alarm installed. I cannot find the model number so have attached a pic.

Prior to signing the contract the letting agents were taking their time getting us the codes, once the contract was signed we were told the landlord didn't have the codes, the landlord then contacted eircom to get an engineer to reset it and they said the alarm was too old to be reset and we'll need a brand new installation. Now the landlord/letting agent is saying as the place was not advertised with an alarm hence it's our problem, if we want an alarm we can pay for the new install. I've contacted threshold and they have advised the landlord is actually responsible but firstly I want to get the alarm up and running asap, my pregnant wife is very nervous without it and to make it worse our car was broken into outside the house the other night.

I'm finding it hard to believe that the alarm cannot be reset, maybe there is confusion that we want a monitored alarm and maybe the alarm is too old for that but all we want is a standalone one.

Can anyone advise how we can reset it? Thanks a million.

200021.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Have to agree with P.W on this one. It would be easy enough to change codes and different settings if you have the correct user code. Defaulting this system is something I would not recommend. P.W would be able to do this but in all fairness to them it is a very old obsolete system that may not come back on line. They are replacing this system every day with concord systems which is a cheaper option to a full upgrade. That again is something I would stay away from as the sensors off the concord use the 433 frequency in conjunction with the 319 sensors already installed in the premises. Parts are not available either for this old system so the best thing to do is start with a new system. If you do rent the place then installing a wire free system with a dialer to contact yourself would not be that big a deal as you have all the cabling you need, power, and phone (might even be a cable for an outside bell available). With a wire free system you can always take out the system and bring it with you when you move out. Just make sure you get permission to take out the older system first.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

That's great Altor thank you very much. It's good to hear it from a 3rd party. I think we are going to go ahead and order a wireless system that we can just take with us as you suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Keithchap wrote: »
    That's great Altor thank you very much. It's good to hear it from a 3rd party. I think we are going to go ahead and order a wireless system that we can just take with us as you suggested.

Your welcome, any of the suppliers on the list here will be able to sort you out with a wire free system. Any other questions let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Glide45

Hi all, I realise this post is quite old but the house I moved into has an eircom alarm fitted. The monitoring is no longer used but the alarm works fine. I have a code for setting the alarm but that is it. Some of the tones are disabled i.e. Telling you the alarm is active when you enter the house. I know this can be changed with an engineers password but I do not know where I can get hold of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi Glide45,

Welcome to boards

Please create a fresh thread for your question, you should get a better response and this is too old.

thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement