Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DRL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why would you bother? They'd look awful, and your headlights can do the same job anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Fog lights arent DRLs (or Spots or Driving lights). Converting them to LEDs will just mean you have two broken Fog lights and misaligned DRLs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They'd look a bit silly, the only argument for them is that they use less power than headlights.

Yeah,
    to be honest I dont like the look of Led lights,
    On the other hand I do like the look of having spots down low on the grill.(where the fogs go if fitted)
    Its not practical for me to retro fit front fogs in the car.And I know if lights are fitted they must work.
    So does anyone know if its the bulbs or the lens that makes a foglight?

urbanledge wrote: »
    So does anyone know if its the bulbs or the lens that makes a foglight?

They take 55w bulbs afaik (like dims and heads), it's the focussing of the light is the thing rather than the bulb or the lens.

• Advertisement

Thanks James,
    When you get headlights aligned do they do the front fogs too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

I came across a Volvo only yesterday that had its fogs with LEDs in, and whatever LEDs they were they were very bright. There were 4 LEDS per fog.

With that said, the car was close and I wonder if they are any more effective at a distance where DRLs matter the most.

They should also be dimmed at night so for both these things simply whacking in great bright LEDs wont work.

My DRLS are Ring automotive, very bright, adjustable and auto dim when the dipped lights come on. I had the space though with no fogs under the bumper. EDIT: but you don't either I gather.

Any specific aftermarket sets you could get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

There's a EU directive describing exactly what condition DRL must fulfill to be road legal.
    Surely your solution will be against those conditions, and therefore not road legal.
    Why don't you just fit normal DRL's ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just fit the units and don't wire them up, theyre not supposed to work
    99% of the time so nobody but you would know

urbanledge wrote: »
    When you get headlights aligned do they do the front fogs too?

Nope :)
    Beam setter not used on fogs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement