Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in Dublin for group of lads wanting a decent natter and decent food?

Options
  • 11-04-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Howdy

hope i'm posting in the right section.

i'm booking dinner for a group of about 10 lads in Dublin City (a Sat night). We just want somewhere with decent grub, not too expensive, that won't mind a bit of noise and won't be rushing us out the door too much.

I had a couple of ideas obviously (I'm not completely helpless :pac:) but just wondering if there's any recommendations I could check out?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

L Mulligans in Stoneybatter or Against the Grain on Camden Street? Both gastro pubs with really very good beers, I prefer the food in Mulligans but Against the Grain is still really good. Doesn't feel at all like you're eating pub food in either & because they're pubs they really don't want to hoosh you out after dinner and don't give a fiddlers about noise levels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

thanks for the reply - would deffo head to Against the Grain for a tipple but would prefer a restaurant just so we can book and everyone gets seated etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Try Basilico in Stoneybatter also a bit of music on a Saturday night or Crackbird in town where Fans used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

What type food?
    Porter House Grafton Streen will have food booze and music if that's what ye want.
    ThunderRoad Cafe in Temple Bar would fit that bill too.
    Boulevard Cafe always gets stags and hens and won't mind noise - it's just off exchequer street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

yeah i'd be trying to avoid somewhere with stags n hens. don't need it that rowdy. just needs to be noise friendly so to speak. though Boulevard Cafe looks OK.

we can always satisfy those urges later...

food wise, not overly fussy but a reasonable choice would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the kingfisher on parnell street is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Think you can do all that upstairs in the Bull and Castle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Bull and castle too, book a table upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

group of about 10 lads

Market bar, oversized tapas and beer, bar atmosphere, no TV's, no music.

Darwins, oversized steaks, relaxed atmosphere, noisy and they don't rush you out. Can be a bit €€ though.

Hope you have a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Gallaghers Boxty House Temple Bar

€25.50 for 3 courses bargain and they don't mind a large group of lads having the craic, we booked there at xmas and there was over 20 of us. Well impressed with the value and the food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Long Time Reader

CRAIC-BIRD... dame st.

DO IT

nuff said

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Crackbird (and Bear and Skinflint and Jo'Burger for that matter) has really loud music so you'd be shouting over the top of that. Also none of them take bookings.

I'd be going for the Bull & Castle, though downstairs. They've handled a table of 17 for me in the past, no problem. Brasserie 66 does this kind of thing well too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

CRAIC-BIRD... dame st.

Craic-bird is overrated and overpriced. Nando's is much better and you don't have to put up with the ignorant hipster waiting staff

Advertisement