Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samurai Shodown 2

Options
  • 11-04-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Gem of a title on the Xbox Live Arcade. Used to play it on emulators all the time - 2D weapon-based fighter by SNK (of King of Fighters fame). Very different from your average fighter - pace and tactics are worlds apart from that of Street Fighter.

The game's online-capable, but also completely dead. If anyone else owns the game on XBL Arcade, would you be up for some matches?

Gamertag: Mikenyan

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The netcode is atrocious, you'd be better off playing it online with an emulator solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

You can always add Samurai Shodown 2 column the google doc in this topic, and mark yourself as a player

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056452989

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

GGPO.net

Don't ban me Azza/Doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Have it myself so Ill hit you up online game to see what its like.
    I think the pinacle of Neo Geo weapon fighting games is Last Blade 2.

They should bring that to XBLA..what a game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Samurai Showdown 2 is a much different game to the Last Blade series. Kind of prefer Sam Sho myself since there really is no other fighting game like it while last blade is a bit closer to standard SNK fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

It's well worth the price, but if you have a PSP you could create a U.S. account, get a $20 PSN card online and buy Samurai Shodown Anthology which has six Shodown games. I'd love to see Last Blade on XBLA/PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Azure_sky wrote: »
    It's well worth the price, but if you have a PSP you could create a U.S. account, get a $20 PSN card online and buy Samurai Shodown Anthology which has six Shodown games. I'd love to see Last Blade on XBLA/PSN.

I have that, but to be honest, the PSP is an awful device for playing fighting games - not at all kind to the thumbs!

I'll amend the doc when I get the chance, and I'll give you an add later, Unky.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Played some online matches with another mate from Dublin yesterday. No lag whatsoever. Anyone who's up for some matches, send me a friend request. XBL GT is Mikenyan.

Also, I lack access to anything other than work computer at the moment, so anyone who wants to add the game to the spreadsheet, go nuts.

Unky: couldn't find your gamertag on the spreadsheet, mate.

Advertisement