Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and JSA?

Options
  • 11-04-2012 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I am currently a mature student receiving the BTEA. I had a quick look around (here, but I couldn't find this information:

1. When does the BTEA stop paying over the summer?
    2. Does anyone previously on the BTEA have a good idea as to when is the best time for me to apply for the dole over the summer?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

The BTEA finishes payment on the date that you gave them at the beginning of the academic year.

To answer your other question you should apply for your JSA as soon as your last exam is over otherwise you'll be missing out on days.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

I can't remember what date I gave them. Do you have nay idea how you find out that information?

I'm in Uni in the UK so it is difficult for me to apply for JSA unless I am actually finished and back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Contact the office you applied to, they should have the info. It might take a few calls to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

Thanks - I'll do that. I just presumed they'd send me out a letter letting me know when I needed to apply for JSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

With DSP never presume...I learned that the hard way. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

For the past two years I just gave them a rough date when I thought I'd be finished. Than when I was finished I went in and signed on. You might not remember what date you put down, but common sense suggests you wouldn't have put down a date earlier than the end of your academic year, including the exam period.

Advertisement