Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H Dip/MSC Statistics UCD

Options
  • 11-04-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone could enlighten me with regards to these courses? I have the equivalent of an BA in Maths already and have done a few modules of stats. I also did 2 years of a science degree which was heavily maths based but did not finish.
    I am unsure whether I would be accepted onto the MSC or not but would have no problem starting with hdip.

Is the course very practical or theoretical?
    Is it based solely on scientific related problems or is there an element of business in it also?
    Is there much computer based work?

All info would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 msc1

Hi,

I am also looking for the same information on the HDip in Statistics in UCD. Is there anyone out there that can give us some insight?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ElRoberto

Also very interested to hear any and all information about the M.Sc in Statistics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I'd be interested in this as well, I wonder do they ever host an open evening like some other courses?

I guess the best thing to do though is just to contact the course director/administrator for more information!

Advertisement