Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family weekend in Kerry... what to do

Options
  • 11-04-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Haven't been on a family break in Kerry since I was a kid myself around 20 yrs ago.

Staying in Parknashilla for 2 nights in May, then going to Killarney.

Interested in doing outdoors stuff but have a 2 year old and 7 year old so it has to be possible!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

put the 2 year old on your back and get the 7 year old a pair of wellingtons and walk a bit a the kerry way from the car park above torc in killarney.
    Alot of nice walks around killarney
    not too sure about parknasilla the nearest sandy beach I know from there might be the white strand near castlcove (beyond sneem) there is a coral beach somewhere in the vicinity as well but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it. its very small too. check out kenmare and caherdaniel for water sports options. there is sea fishing there too! thereis also a stocked freshwater lake nearby as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi,

Haven't been on a family break in Kerry since I was a kid myself around 20 yrs ago.

Staying in Parknashilla for 2 nights in May, then going to Killarney.

Interested in doing outdoors stuff but have a 2 year old and 7 year old so it has to be possible!

Any ideas?

Thanks

If you get time, pop over to Tralee too! There is a great indoor play area called Toby World for the kids, and there's the Aqua Dome - also a new eco park just opposite the Aqua Dome, which is a lovely place with a cafe and little paddle boat rides!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Muckross house has a lovely open farm,it's also a good place for a walk or cheesey as it is, a spin with a jarvey.

Advertisement