Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Han Solo Adventures.

Options
  • 11-04-2012 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Harking back to the 'ol Lucasarts adventure games, this guy is making one based around Han Solo.

http://www.hansoloadventures.com/

http://kotaku.com/5900920/the-star-wars-game-lucasarts-should-have-made-but-never-did
    The Star Wars Game Lucasarts Should Have Made, But Never Did

This is very exciting. Nearly three years ago, I did a story on Han Solo Adventures, a fan-made project looking to bring the world the 1990s Lucasarts x Star Wars adventure game it never actually got.

Given this was three years ago, I'd given the project up for dead, but no. In the last few weeks it has sprung back into life, and better still, there is now gameplay footage.

Developer Stacy Davidson is doing the whole thing himself, and while it's clearly still got a bit to go, you can already see he's got the bones of a Lucasarts game - circa Fate of Atlantis, by the looks of it - down pat.

You can keep up with the project at its official site, linked below.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So is there more childhood rape involved in this one? Maybe Han solo wasn't a man, but a woman with deep voice?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's not Lucasarts, so it'll probably be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,128 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As long as he dances, I'll support it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

So is there more childhood rape involved in this one? Maybe Han solo wasn't a man, but a woman with deep voice?

I'm guessing this is a reference to the South Park episode? (I'm hoping!). It does look like it sticks to the original Star Wars feel and comedy. Especially for Han being the sarky git that he is.
    Kiith wrote: »
    It's not Lucasarts, so it'll probably be great.

Ah now they were good in their prime (Grim Fandango, Sam&Max, Monkey Island, The Dig, Day of the Tentacle....etc).
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    As long as he dances, I'll support it.

Never speak of SW:Kinect ever again. <shudders>

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

chin_grin wrote: »
    Ah now they were good in their prime (Grim Fandango, Sam&Max, Monkey Island, The Dig, Day of the Tentacle....etc).

I don't think i could possibly agree with this more. So many classics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Not making a Star Wars graphic adventure was a major oversight on their part...problem is, I've never played any non-Lucasarts graphic adventure that was anywhere near as good as Monkey Island et al. For example, the recent episodic Sam & Max game was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the betting Lucasarts kill this before the end of the week.

Advertisement