Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC CANADA VISA WAITING TIMES **PLEASE READ**

Options
  • 10-04-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Apologies if there's another thread on this but I couldn't find it.

Just looking for anyone who's applied for the IEC Visa this year as to how long it took them to get the Visa (or if not received yet what stage they're at).

I applied through Go4less and my visa application was received by the Candian embassy on March 26th. I am due to be flying early June and now I'm starting to get the fear a little bit...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

clynch89 wrote: »

Just looking for anyone who's applied for the IEC Visa this year as to how long it took them to get the Visa (or if not received yet what stage they're at).

I applied through Go4less and my visa application was received by the Candian embassy on March 26th. I am due to be flying early June and now I'm starting to get the fear a little bit...

11 weeks im waiting but there was a problem with the payment.It differs for people though some people applied after me and have their loi already.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

clynch89 wrote: »

You'll find countless accounts from people throught this forum stating there experiences and there timelines with regards to the IEC program of 2012. 3-4 months from sending to receiving it seems to be a rough guideline at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 another_one

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who applied for the IEC Canadian working visa through London in the last few months- could you let me know how ye have got on, when ye applied, when ye heard back and when ye got the Visa??!

They received my application on Feb 20th 2012 and as of today I have only received my confirmation email which was 3 whole weeks ago. At this stage I am beginning to wonder if I will ever get it and whether or not I will be accepted.

Your feedback and experiences with this visa would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aidomckeown

im worried to i sent in all of my stuff 3 weeks ago and still havent heard anything from them! no confirmation e mail nothing

I was waiting a month for that so think you should get something in the next week or so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aidomckeown

i hope so! after that it takes 6 to 8 weeks to process that what it says on the site anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 22 emfd

It took exactly five weeks for me to receive my email requesting payment!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Heres my timeline so far since:

Application Sent: 07/02/2012
    Receipt of Application: 08/03/2012
    Email requesting payment: 02/04/2012
    Paid: 03/04/2012

Been taking in around a month inbetween emails for me so far. Me & four friends all applied around the same time and everyones waiting times have been very similar thus far. I'm just waiting for the email from the IEC confirming they received my money and then I'm in the clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rojorolo

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who applied for the IEC Canadian working visa through London in the last few months- could you let me know how ye have got on, when ye applied, when ye heard back and when ye got the Visa??!

They received my application on Feb 20th 2012 and as of today I have only received my confirmation email which was 3 whole weeks ago. At this stage I am beginning to wonder if I will ever get it and whether or not I will be accepted.

Thanks!

Well first thank you so much for starting this thread. I am trying to work out some sort of logic to this whole process also. I am regularly checking the 80+ page elsewhere to get some idea of what to expect because the IEC are so slow and difficult to get anywhere with.

My application was delivered on the 02/03/12 and I was lucky to only wait 3 weeks for the confirmation of receipt which I got the 23/03/12. I have heard nowt since then and its rolling on 4 weeks tomorrow despite the email I got saying it would be 2 weeks *sigh. My BF applied the 20/02/12 and got his confirmation:confused: email the same day I did despite sending his in 3 weeks before.

Fingers crossed i'll know where I stand soon.

rojorolo wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Hi there, I received an email stating my application was received on Feb 27th & it told me I would receive another email in two weeks! Exactly FIVE weeks later I received the payment request email on Apr 2nd, I paid the money & sent back my work permit on the same day & I have heard nothing since. My boyfriend received his payment request email on Apr 1st, paid on Apr 2nd & received his second stage email on Apr 4th, now he's just waiting for his LOI! There doesn't seem to be any logic or order to it! Very frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marzmurphy

scooby2791 wrote: »
    Heres my timeline so far since:

Application Sent: 07/02/2012
    Receipt of Application: 08/03/2012
    Email requesting payment: 02/04/2012
    Paid: 03/04/2012

Been taking in around a month inbetween emails for me so far. Me & four friends all applied around the same time and everyones waiting times have been very similar thus far. I'm just waiting for the email from the IEC confirming they received my money and then I'm in the clear!

Hi,

Im in the same boat as you! I made my payment on 02/04/2012. However I havn't received any notice that they have gotten this payment... is this just part of their delays or does it mean they havnt received it..(reference number not showing up their end etc) My 12 days are up tomorrow and still no confirmation so am worried it will be rejected on grounds of non payment...anyone have any similar experience?

Thanks for any insights!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 coll123

Hi

I got receipt email on 6th Feb, payment email 22nd Feb (paid same day) and got LOI on 12th March. 5 weeks in total but from reading other people's responses it seems they have been much slower in the past few weeks.
    Hope u don't have to wait too much longer

here is a timeline from cookiexx which I found on another thread on this topic::

Adverts | Friends
    It can be done! Got my LOI last night

I'm in Canada since August 2010, so almost 20 months now. Sent off my application back in January and when I got the Receipt Notice on Feb 21st, I was flirting dangerously close to the 18-month mark...and a lot of my friends who are in Canada for a similar length of time have been refused...so I was understandably relieved to see it in my Inbox last night!

Here's my timeline:

17 January: Sent off application
    21 February: Notice of Receipt
    13 March: Payment request
    16 March: Paid
    27 March: IEC Eligible, sent to CIC
    11 April: Received LOI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rocky66

hi
    I was sent to the cic on 4/4/12 just waiting on LOI now; th waiting driveing me nuts

that is crazy over 4 months. what are they doing over there like?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Getting really freaked out now. Sent my application on 26th March and haven't gotten a receipt of application.

Meant to be going back to Canada at the end of May for work and seriously scared it's not going to come in time.

Last year it took a week to get conditional acceptance and a month to get an LOI!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bebop and rocksteady

me so far

sent 5th march.

notice of receipt 20th march.

accepted request payment 4th April.

paid 5th April in bank.

eligible, sent to cic 17th April.

waiting on loi (email says within next 6 weeks, hope it will be within 2) fingers crossed

Is this your second time applying Bebob and Rocksteady? You are getting done much quicker than most people?!

no this is my first time.
    i have included a job offer with my application which may have sped it up a bit

that must be it bebob! well done hopefully I will see some movement in mine soon

• Advertisement

hopefully you will. best of luck

Something must be wrong with mine, I've heard nothing since I paid on Apr 2nd... surely this is too long to get confirmation of payment & passed to 2nd phase! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

emfd wrote: »
    Something must be wrong with mine, I've heard nothing since I paid on Apr 2nd... surely this is too long to get confirmation of payment & passed to 2nd phase! :(

Took bout 3 weeks from the day I paid until I received the payment confirmation email.

scooby2791 wrote: »

Took bout 3 weeks from the day I paid until I received the payment confirmation email.

Thanks for that reply, that puts my mind at ease to know someone else took as long as mine! Do you have your LOI now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 coolikerane

hey lads did ye have to do a medical for the IEC for canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭illegalmidget

hey guys here my time line

Notice of Receipt: 7th of Feb
    Accepted and Payments requested the 29th of Feb
    I sent payment and the email version of the form of the 5th of March
    passed to the 2nd phase on the 12th March
    Received Visa on the 15th March

Did you guys Email the Email version on the application??

also im going on the 28th of April (yay!)
    but my friend who is coming with me hasn't got her visa yet!! she was requested to pay 2 weeks ago and she did so on that day? mine only took 3 days to get my visa after i paid??
    what are the odds she will get it in the next week??
    and if she doesn't can she just say shes on holiday?? she will only have a 1 way flight ?

hey guys here my time line

Notice of Receipt: 7th of Feb
    Accepted and Payments requested the 29th of Feb
    I sent payment and the email version of the form of the 5th of March
    passed to the 2nd phase on the 12th March
    Received Visa on the 15th March

Did you guys Email the Email version on the application??

also im going on the 28th of April (yay!)
    but my friend who is coming with me hasn't got her visa yet!! she was requested to pay 2 weeks ago and she did so on that day? mine only took 3 days to get my visa after i paid??
    what are the odds she will get it in the next week??
    and if she doesn't can she just say shes on holiday?? she will only have a 1 way flight ?

They must be having problems with some payments, I paid on April 2nd & haven't heard anything since. My boyfriend paid on the same day & he got his LOI today! Where's mine!? Even a confirmation of payment would do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 coolikerane

hey do u have to do a medical for the IEC if your from ireland

hey do u have to do a medical for the IEC if your from ireland

yep its just a medical declaration i think, i just had to sign it stating i had no Medical conditions

• Advertisement

They must be having problems with some payments, I paid on April 2nd & haven't heard anything since. My boyfriend paid on the same day & he got his LOI today! Where's mine!? Even a confirmation of payment would do!!!

i know its so annoying i thought it was fist come first serve obviously not!! i had mine 3 days after the receipt she is waiting nearly 3 weeks now since she got her receipt

did you email the email version of the application??

I heard there was problems with the WAN number not fitting into the reference box when transferring money

Advertisement