Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC CANADA VISA WAITING TIMES **PLEASE READ**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 emfd

emfd wrote: »
    They must be having problems with some payments, I paid on April 2nd & haven't heard anything since. My boyfriend paid on the same day & he got his LOI today! Where's mine!? Even a confirmation of payment would do!!!

i know its so annoying i thought it was fist come first serve obviously not!! i had mine 3 days after the receipt she is waiting nearly 3 weeks now since she got her receipt

did you email the email version of the application??

I heard there was problems with the WAN number not fitting into the reference box when transferring money

I made both my payment & my boyfriends, I called the bank & the confirmed the reference is correct & fits on the IEC bank statement! If they got his then they have mine! We both emailed the IMM1295 work permit the same way & we both got emails to say it had been received in the correct email inbox! Still nothing for me, very frustrating as he has his LOI & is ready to go but I'm still waiting ! :(

I've been emailing them all week but they don't reply! Stuck in limbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

I made both my payment & my boyfriends, I called the bank & the confirmed the reference is correct & fits on the IEC bank statement! If they got his then they have mine! We both emailed the IMM1295 work permit the same way & we both got emails to say it had been received in the correct email inbox! Still nothing for me, very frustrating as he has his LOI & is ready to go but I'm still waiting ! :(

Hi,

Myself and my girlfriend are in the exact same situation as you. Paid on April 1st, i hve been passed onto the second phase but my girlfriend hasnt heard anything since. she paid aib online while i used tsb online... Did you and you boyfriend both use aib online using the swift/iban method?? Thanks..

doneill85 wrote: »

Hi,

Myself and my girlfriend are in the exact same situation as you. Paid on April 1st, i hve been passed onto the second phase but my girlfriend hasnt heard anything since. she paid aib online while i used tsb online... Did you and you boyfriend both use aib online using the swift/iban method?? Thanks..

Hi there,
    I used AIB Internet banking. I paid both mine & my boyfriends from my account on April 2nd. I used their NSC & Account number. My boyfriend received his payment confirmation on April 4th & he got his Letter of Introduction on April 19th. I still haven't received an email to say if I have been passed onto second phase or not & he has his VISA! :( I have emailed them everyday but no reply! Has your girlfriend emailed them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lf2012

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Getting really freaked out now. Sent my application on 26th March and haven't gotten a receipt of application.

Meant to be going back to Canada at the end of May for work and seriously scared it's not going to come in time.

Last year it took a week to get conditional acceptance and a month to get an LOI!
    Hey im n da same situation as u applied for my visa two weeks ago headin away in june.. Dont knw wat i can everyones waitin time is different :(

It finally came... I got my LOI in my email this morning! So they missed a step, I never got an email confirming payment had been received & I was going to second phase but I got the LOI today! All in all it took 8 weeks from the date they received the documents! Canada, here I come!:D

• Advertisement

Hi there,
    I used AIB Internet banking. I paid both mine & my boyfriends from my account on April 2nd. I used their NSC & Account number. My boyfriend received his payment confirmation on April 4th & he got his Letter of Introduction on April 19th. I still haven't received an email to say if I have been passed onto second phase or not & he has his VISA! :( I have emailed them everyday but no reply! Has your girlfriend emailed them?

Yeah she has emailed them alright, to no avail!! Glad to see you got yours. Im sure my girlfriend will get her LOI without the second phase email.. Fingers crossed!

Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 colinmoroney

By comparison my timeline isn't as bad as a lot of peoples but it's still so frustrating. I'm not heading over til October but would be nice to know one way or the other if I'm going to get the thing or not.

30th Jan - Sent application
    24th Feb - Email confirming application received
    28th Mar - Email requesting payment

Haven't heard anything since. I made the payment on AIB internet banking using the IBAN and Swift Code cos the reference field wasn't long enough using the NSC route. Payment was confirmed immediately by AIB.

Has anyone gotten any bad news??

Just got an email sayin dey recieved my visa nly sent it two weeks ago ow long r people waitin to recieve der visas hate all the waitin

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Elena Martin

Hi guys, I recieved my payment request today and I am trying to send off my Imm1295 form to the email address iec-london-application@international.gc.ca but the mail keeps bouncing back :mad:, I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Donkey16

marzmurphy wrote: »
    Hi,

Im in the same boat as you! I made my payment on 02/04/2012. However I havn't received any notice that they have gotten this payment... is this just part of their delays or does it mean they havnt received it..(reference number not showing up their end etc) My 12 days are up tomorrow and still no confirmation so am worried it will be rejected on grounds of non payment...anyone have any similar experience?

Thanks for any insights!

What bank did you pay through do u mind me asking? Im worried about mine aswell, hope the no. shows up and they can recognise it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Donkey16

By comparison my timeline isn't as bad as a lot of peoples but it's still so frustrating. I'm not heading over til October but would be nice to know one way or the other if I'm going to get the thing or not.

30th Jan - Sent application
    24th Feb - Email confirming application received
    28th Mar - Email requesting payment

Haven't heard anything since. I made the payment on AIB internet banking using the IBAN and Swift Code cos the reference field wasn't long enough using the NSC route. Payment was confirmed immediately by AIB.

Has anyone gotten any bad news??

Its not an International payment, from AIB to AIB or any bank a/c in Ireland is domestic. I never used the Swift or BAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

My timeline so far:

Application sent: March 12th
    Reciept of Application: April 12th
    Payment Request: April 25th

Heading in to the bank tomorrow to send the money, then hopefully on to Toronto at the end of May! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 colinmoroney

Donkey16 wrote: »
    Its not an International payment, from AIB to AIB or any bank a/c in Ireland is domestic. I never used the Swift or BAN.

Yea I know it's only a domestic transfer but my reference number was too long to fit in the ref field in the domestic transfer option. It shouldn't make a difference (well I hope not anyway).

Still waiting to hear back. It is an annoyingly slow process.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Howyez,same old story wait,confirm,paid today,ref. num didn't fit,so got the teller to leave out the WTN bit and the dashs.does anyone know if that will make a difference?don't want to get caught on de 12 day siht.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Dont think so. everyone has had to leave out the dashes. the last 5 digits are the important part as they are unique to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eimead

Hi Guys, new on here, actally my first post but I'm looking for some idiot proof advice on the visa application process...any help is much appreciated... basically I'm looking for the link where I can apply independently for my visa cause the idea of giving usit another penny of my money after past experiences is too much. I can see from reading this thread that it definitely takes a while... fortunately I'm not planning on going til October so hopefully I've enough time now. Anyone whose done this independently could you throw a few pointers at me, and most importantly, the link to application?

Many Thanks.

Vast majority of people on here have done it throught the IEC.

All the info is here http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

There were only 461 places a week ago and theyr'e going really fast. If you havent already go down to your local garda station and apply for your Garda cert.

Then when you're waiting on that fill out the forms in full and get your pictures taken. if you have an specific questions about the forms theres loads of people on here happy to help.

Thanks a million Dave.. I didn't realize there were so few left, i'll get my application in straight after work today.

No problem.

The amount of places can be found here http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

On the right hand side.

Thanks a million. To be honest, hearing there were so few places left got me into a much required panic so I'm balls deep in these forms now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 nms

Hi I was wondering is anybody else still waiting for visa?? Whats the approx waiting time since payment and confirmation e.mail...Alot seem to have got it already??

So far: Applied Jan
    Received 22 Feb
    Payment request 14mar (paid same day and sent electronic forms)
    Confirmation e-mail 16Mar
    Then Nothing.. Had to change my flights with USIT loads!!

Taken from the email I received upon receipt of payment

Whether your application is approved, refused, or requires additional documentation, you will
    receive an answer regarding your application via email within six weeks. Please note that until
    this processing time has passed, we will not reply to any questions about the progress of your
    file.

If you do not receive notification informing you of the High Commission’s decision and the total
    processing time has passed, please email us at ldn.iec@international.gc.ca. Please make sure
    you include your World Tracking Number.

cool.. Got that e.mail too, startin to worry though cause im nearly at 8wks.. I e.mailed that address numerous times also but only reply ive got is that my query has been sent to the relivant section.. fingers crossed hear somethin soon...

I'd email them every single day.

The fact that they havent got back to you probably means that you're through as if there was a problem they'd get back to you to give you a chance to fix it (in theory)

I'd email them every single day.

The fact that they havent got back to you probably means that you're through as if there was a problem they'd get back to you to give you a chance to fix it (in theory)

Reading few posts here good few havent received confirmation of payment... trouble with AIB ref... Going to go in mon morning get ref and e-mail embassy again incase thats the problem.. Thanks for replies.. Good to hear everyones situations :)

Turns out I had same problem from payin through AIB... Got ref number from bank and last 5digits were missing from it.. I scanned my receipt and ref number to the embassy today so hopefully ill hear something.. Found out about this problem on boards not from embassy Or USIT!! hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bil

nms wrote: »
    Turns out I had same problem from payin through AIB... Got ref number from bank and last 5digits were missing from it.. I scanned my receipt and ref number to the embassy today so hopefully ill hear something.. Found out about this problem on boards not from embassy Or USIT!! hmmm
    How did you pay through aib?

nms wrote: »

It's pain the hole. I paid aib online on April 1st and haven't heard anything since, not even confirmation of payment! I'm sweating here! I rang aib and they confirmed that there were no digits missing on the Canadian account end but I reckon they were just tellin me anything to get rid of me. Apparntley due to data protection they wouldn be able to give out any info bout another account and yet they were tellin me everythin was fine at their end. I dunno what to think. Im a paranoid android now at this stage!! ;-(

Has anybody recieved der visas recently... The hold up is drivin me mad supose to be goin in june wel i guess it wont be happenin the way the waitin time is >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lf2012 wrote: »
    Has anybody recieved der visas recently... The hold up is drivin me mad supose to be goin in june wel i guess it wont be happenin the way the waitin time is >:(

Got me last week and applied end of march... Dont worry. Itll come.

Advertisement