Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC CANADA VISA WAITING TIMES **PLEASE READ**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

my friend get hers this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lf2012

my friend get hers this morning.
    Ow long was she waitin

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fedupwaiting

Hi all,

I'm in the same boat. Playing the waiting game :( here's my time scale.

End of jan: sent app
    Feb 23rd: received receipt of app email
    March 21st: payment request (paid the next day through Tsb)
    April 25th: sent to cic
    And nothing since, this week is week 12 :mad: what are they doing???!!!!!

It's ridiculous. I've emailed them a couple of times and they won't even reply. And I've read loads of threads from people who only sent off fms in February and march and have there loi already. "strictly first come, first served"???? :confused:

Jesus thats long. I got my frist email on April 12th and I'm at the same stage as you.

I know, I just don't get it. At least if you could contact them it wouldn't be so bad but your just left in limbo. We were hoping to go in may but that's not going to happen now. The only good thing is at least I never booked flights but now it means we'll be booking last minute so it's probably going to cost a fortune :(

• Advertisement

I'm not going untill august/september so I dont mind waiting.

you can go over on a tourist visa and then activate it after you've arrived.

I know but I'm afraid that if I do that I'll jinx myself and be refused the visa then. How long can you stay on a tourist visa do you know?

6 Months, but you cant work

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

Hi all,

It's ridiculous. I've emailed them a couple of times and they won't even reply. And I've read loads of threads from people who only sent off fms in February and march and have there loi already. "strictly first come, first served"???? :confused:

I know its shocking. I paid on April 1st and havent heard anything. No second phase email, nothin. How did you pay yours? I used the aib online swift/iban method. Im worried that i should have used the other bank details i.e. not the international one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

You shouldn't have used the Swift/ Iban method

If you paid through AIB it wasn't an international payment, so you didn't need to put those in

you just needed account no. and sort code

• Advertisement

Does it matter though? it's still going to go in to the bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

Does it matter though? it's still going to go in to the bank account.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it ends up in the right account. My girlfriend used the same method except from tsb online and that worked grand. She got her second phase email after 4 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 buzzon

emfd wrote: »
    hey guys here my time line

Notice of Receipt: 7th of Feb
    Accepted and Payments requested the 29th of Feb
    I sent payment and the email version of the form of the 5th of March
    passed to the 2nd phase on the 12th March
    Received Visa on the 15th March

Did you guys Email the Email version on the application??

also im going on the 28th of April (yay!)
    but my friend who is coming with me hasn't got her visa yet!! she was requested to pay 2 weeks ago and she did so on that day? mine only took 3 days to get my visa after i paid??
    what are the odds she will get it in the next week??
    and if she doesn't can she just say shes on holiday?? she will only have a 1 way flight ?

They must be having problems with some payments, I paid on April 2nd & haven't heard anything since. My boyfriend paid on the same day & he got his LOI today! Where's mine!? Even a confirmation of payment would do!!!

Hey i am having a similar issue. Myself and my boyfriend paid within a couple of days of one another. He got an email to confirm receipt of payment and passed to second phase. I got nothing back, its five weeks later and ive still heard nothing. He has his LOI!! I checked with my bank and the money successfully left my account an hasnt come back in. Did you eventually hear something back or even just get your LOI? I am really worried something is wrong at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 buzzon

doneill85 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I know its shocking. I paid on April 1st and havent heard anything. No second phase email, nothin. How did you pay yours? I used the aib online swift/iban method. Im worried that i should have used the other bank details i.e. not the international one!!

I usd the other one and made my transfer through tsb online. I didnt get confirmation of payment or to say i was passed onto second phase and its now been five weeks. I applied and paid before my boyfriend who now has his LOI. They havent responded to a single email. Has this happened to others who have gotten good or bad news??

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Magicmatilda

My timeline so far

Sent 17th April
    Receipt email 25th April
    Conditional acceptance and request for payment 18th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CosmicLove19

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone had a similar problem: Myself and two friends applied for the visa and made the payment a few weeks ago. Myself and one friend paid through the bank (wire transfer) but my other friend paid online using AIB. He hasn't received any confirmation of payment or anything at all from the VISA people since, despite the fact that myself and my friend who paid through wire transfer both received emails confirming the receipt of payment and saying we should receive our LOI within six weeks (unless it's rejected, eeek). Has this happened to anyone else/does anyone have any advice? Our flights are on June 16th so we're getting a bit panicky!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CosmicLove19

Also, if he doesn't get the IEC visa on time, would it be possible for him to go over on a tourist visa and then activate the IEC visa over there once he gets his LOI?

Sometimes they forget to email you to tell you that they received payment. its happened to a few people on here, they still received their LOI. if he, or any of you, havent got it by then you can go in as a tourist. Then, when you got your visa, get a bus to the states and on the way back in activate your Visa

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

AT LAST!!

Application Sent: 12th March
    Notice of Receipt: 12th April
    Payment request: 25th April
    Sent to CIC: 10th May
    LOI: 18th May

Such a pain seeing as I flew into Toronto this morning, with no LOI, entered as a tourist, and when I get to the hostel Im staying in I check my email and there it is, just after arriving! Typical! haha Still delighted I've got it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lf2012

johnt91 wrote: »
    AT LAST!!

Application Sent: 12th March
    Notice of Receipt: 12th April
    Payment request: 25th April
    Sent to CIC: 10th May
    LOI: 18th May

Such a pain seeing as I flew into Toronto this morning, with no LOI, entered as a tourist, and when I get to the hostel Im staying in I check my email and there it is, just after arriving! Typical! haha Still delighted I've got it though!
    Ah dats brillant u mis be delightd wel dne im due to leave on the 14th june stil no visa dnt ave a clue wat to do had u ne problem goin Ova witout da visa??

• Advertisement

Myself and the girlfriend got ours last night! couldn't be happier

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Myself and the girlfriend got ours last night! couldn't be happier
    how long were you waiting after paying? Paid mine on the 3rd of may,passed to cic but haven't heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Garykelleher

I paid mine 22nd april and haven't got the confirmation yet, let alone LOI.
    Times seem to vary hugely between people.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

Lf2012 wrote: »
    Ah dats brillant u mis be delightd wel dne im due to leave on the 14th june stil no visa dnt ave a clue wat to do had u ne problem goin Ova witout da visa??

I entered Canada yesterday on a tourist visa, while waiting on my LOI, and let me just say getting through immigration was a lot tougher than I expected.

I was asked by the border patrol officer if I ever intended working in Canada during my stay, I thought it best not to lie seeing as I read on here that the immigration people can actually see on their computers if you applied for an work visa and didn't want to be banned from entering the country for giving a false declaration. Then he launched into loads of questions about my funds, complained that most money had been lodged into my account only a week ago (I keep most of my money in my credit union and just transfered it into the bank last week for Canada), Then asked me what was to stop me from working now on a tourist visa while I was waiting seeing as I already "have intentions to work".

Then I was accused of trying to illegally immigrate into Canada because "we all know about the economic situation over in Ireland at the minute and lots of people are taking advantage of the IEC visa to illegally immigrate to Ireland" Then he asked my parent's occupations (which I found irrelevant) and also asked if they had been employed throughout the entire recession or if they experienced any unemployment.

My friend got through ok in about 5 minutes but my guy kept me around 20 minutes asking me every question under the sun before he let me through. True these kind of border security personnel could be in the minority, just be prepared!

how long were you waiting after paying? Paid mine on the 3rd of may,passed to cic but haven't heard anything since.

I paid on the 26th, we were passed on to CIC on the 10th and got our LOI this morning at 1AM

Jesus that sounds rough john. I guess it just depends on who you get. what airport did you fly in to?

What do you have to do in order to enter on a tourist visa ?
    Is it something you can sort out when you're in the airport over there or is it best to do sort something out before you leave?
    Looks like I might need it.

Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. These include:

citizens of Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (National Passport holders only), Italy, Japan, Korea (Republic of), Latvia (Republic of), Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United States, and Western Samoa;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eimear07

Hi I'm having similar problems just wondering if anybody has any advice?

1 March- sent visa
    22 March- email receipt
    21 April- Payment requested

I paid on april 23 and sent my form. I got an email saying my form was recieved although nothing about the payment. After a few weeks I became worried so went to the bank to check it out. They told me the money was definitely in the account although two numbers of my wtn were missing.

Since then I have been emailing iec to tell them about the problem and giving them the code that represents my payment but they are not getting back to me.

I am due to go over June 1st

eimear07 wrote: »
    Hi I'm having similar problems just wondering if anybody has any advice?

1 March- sent visa
    22 March- email receipt
    21 April- Payment requested

I paid on april 23 and sent my form. I got an email saying my form was recieved although nothing about the payment. After a few weeks I became worried so went to the bank to check it out. They told me the money was definitely in the account although two numbers of my wtn were missing.

Since then I have been emailing iec to tell them about the problem and giving them the code that represents my payment but they are not getting back to me.

I am due to go over June 1st

I'm in the same boat as you, paid roughly the same day and haven't heard back, although I don't think there was a problem with my wtn. Apparently they never get back on email, as i learned the hard way.
    If they have not refunded your payment, then chances are they are processing it now.
    If they can't read your WTN they would match your name with your application most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eimear07

I'm in the same boat as you, paid roughly the same day and haven't heard back, although I don't think there was a problem with my wtn. Apparently they never get back on email, as i learned the hard way.
    If they have not refunded your payment, then chances are they are processing it now.
    If they can't read your WTN they would match your name with your application most likely.

Only problem is I paid by cash in aib as I am a bank of Ireland user so I figured it would be quicker lodging it into aib therefore it'd b hard for them to refund me or match my username :S

Yea they don't reply to emails at all, iv emailed them 12 times and I have nothing back. I have also tried getting in contact with them nobody will give me a phone number and the one number I did get has an automated machine telling me to email.

I'm off to the bank tomorrow to get them to email as it was there mistake! Hopefully this will work

Advertisement