Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC CANADA VISA WAITING TIMES **PLEASE READ**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Reb wall

Hi I am after taking my medical for the visa and i am just wondering,do you have to wait for the results to proceed with the application?and after this how long should the application take?i have a job and it starts the 4th of september,I am starting to worry now.is there anything i could do to go to canada while waiting for the visa if needs be??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kswee87

Hi guys,

Completely new on this but really freaking out so needed to try and see if anyone else was having similar problems to myself and from what I can see they are.

Got email 27th Feb 12 to say they received my application, next email was 1st April 12 looking for participation fee and electronic application. Sent the email and paid using AIB internet banking and have heard nothing since.

My boyfriend and I sent our applications off together he got email on 27th Feb same as I did but he didnt get the email looking for the fee and form until nearly 3 weeks after me which was worrying but he now has his visa and I have yet to hear from them even to say that they received the fee which my boyfriend got almost immediately.

Very frustrated and panicked to say the least as we had made all our plans to go and now only 1 of us has a visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

kswee87 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Completely new on this but really freaking out so needed to try and see if anyone else was having similar problems to myself and from what I can see they are.

Got email 27th Feb 12 to say they received my application, next email was 1st April 12 looking for participation fee and electronic application. Sent the email and paid using AIB internet banking and have heard nothing since.

My boyfriend and I sent our applications off together he got email on 27th Feb same as I did but he didnt get the email looking for the fee and form until nearly 3 weeks after me which was worrying but he now has his visa and I have yet to hear from them even to say that they received the fee which my boyfriend got almost immediately.

Very frustrated and panicked to say the least as we had made all our plans to go and now only 1 of us has a visa.

Yep same boat here. Paid April 1st via aib online and heard nothin since. I get the feeling they are leaving all the aib ones until last to sort out seeing as there have been so many problems with numbers being cut off in the reference line. As ya said they wont respond to emails, its brutal..

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bodie Broadus

i got confirmation of payment on the 11th of april and nothing since... anyone have any tips on getting them to email you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CosmicLove19

People who pay via AIB online don't seem to get any acknowledgement... Maybe because you can check that the payment went through by yourself? Can I ask, has anyone who paid online via AIB actually got their LOI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 R.oneill83

Can anybody help me please? I sent off my application and received receipt of application email on 15.05.12 and this morning I realised I forgot my medical forms as didn't know we had to send then. I sent them by swift post this morning this morning and email the embassy with urgent in the subject box to let them knows they are on the way. Does anyone know if I have any hope of getting visas this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skreepers

R.oneill83 wrote: »
    Can anybody help me please? I sent off my application and received receipt of application email on 15.05.12 and this morning I realised I forgot my medical forms as didn't know we had to send then. I sent them by swift post this morning this morning and email the embassy with urgent in the subject box to let them knows they are on the way. Does anyone know if I have any hope of getting visas this way?

are you sure you need a medical form? it's only needed if you're planning to do certain occupations in canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

Ok, gonna sound a bit wierd but apparently it works. I met a guy out here in Canada, and he was having trouble with payment and stuff, had paid the fee and hadn't heard a thing from them in weeks, well over the 6 weeks.. So what he did was got onto his local TD, explained his situation and asked if he could send an email to the embassy on his behalf and try and sort it out. One email off the TD and he was passed onto the CIC within the week.

Not sure if it was the TD's email that did the trick, or that the embassy happened to finally process his application around the same time that he emailed them. Worth a shot though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 R.oneill83

are you sure you need a medical form? it's only needed if you're planning to do certain occupations in canada.[/Quote]

Thanks for the reply .No I don't need a medical to go to canada but apparently I still have to tick no on medical form and send it off with application 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 buzzon

kswee87 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hey i am in a similar situation with my application! Myself and my boyfriend applied around the same time (i applied about a week before him) and all correspondence from them was grand until the point where we were provisionally accepted and asked to pay the fee. He paid in aib and i transferred the money online through internet banking. He got an email confirming receipt of payment about two days later and that he was passed to second phase. Within 10 days of that he had his LOI. Its now been six weeks and i havent even gotten confirmation they recieved my money. I have emailed countless times and no response. What more can we do? Have you gotten anything at all from them since you posted this? I am worried i wont be able to give my job enough notice that will be leaving or worse still that i wont be going to canada!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Garykelleher

Anyone get an email from them this morning?
    I got one. 36 days after paying for visa
    : "We still have an outstanding payment from you. If you have paid for the visa please show proof of payment within 10 days"

Everyone paying through AIB internet banking that i've talked to got that email today. Absolute **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Anyone get an email from them this morning?
    I got one. 36 days after paying for visa
    : "We still have an outstanding payment from you. If you have paid for the visa please show proof of payment within 10 days"

Everyone paying through AIB internet banking that i've talked to got that email today. Absolute **** up.

I also payed through AIB internet,but i sent them a screenshot showing that i sent they payment,took less than a week from payment to getting to the second stage

seamus1980 wrote: »
    I also payed through AIB internet,but i sent them a screenshot showing that i sent they payment,took less than a week from payment to getting to the second stage

I also sent that on about 2 weeks after my payment. they never got back to me, and are now asking for it again.. It seems like they don't read emails that they don't ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fedupwaiting

Hi there,

I'm in the same boat, waiting, waiting and more waiting. My whole process is going on almost FIVE MONTHS!!!! I sent all my forms to Go 4less on January 4th, they eventually sent them off January 23/24th, got the email of receipt feb 24th, payment request march 21st, paid the next day. Never got a payment confirmation email but I did get an email april 25th to say it had been sent to cic and nothing since. That's over 4 weeks ago since I last heard. I had flights booked for April 25th, had to change them which cost me €150. Rescheduled for May 17th, also had to reschedule that (costing another €150) so now it's booked for June 28th!!! I've lost 2 different lodgers for my house because I had to back out of 2 dates fir them to move in. This whole process has caused me so much stress and worry. It's supposed to be an exciting time....... MY A@S!!!! If I hear nothing by the "6 week deadline" I'm throwing in the towel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

got my payment request email on friday phew have wire transfered the money im just wondering do i scan and send the proof of payment to the same email address as the payment requested e-mail? i know the one for electronically sending your imm1295 is different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

beano345 wrote: »
    got my payment request email on friday phew have wire transfered the money im just wondering do i scan and send the proof of payment to the same email address as the payment requested e-mail? i know the one for electronically sending your imm1295 is different

Send a picture of your wire receipt with the electronic form to:

IEC-London-Application@international.gc.ca

E-mail them every day with the form and payment proof attached till you get a response.

Got an email on Friday morning at 3.30 am to say my payment was still outstanding and if I had paid to forward more proof of payment within 10 days. Thankfully i used online banking so I could print a copy of the transfer because they couldn't give my anything in the bank. For the life of me I cannot understand why it is so difficult to transfer money from one AIB bank account to another. So i sent all information I possibly could yesterday fingers crossed I hear back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hazard2012

Travelling to Vancouver in 3 weeks - was hoping to work for the summer from college. However visa application was delayed due to the inability to scan the bar codes on the application. Paid the fee last Friday to continue the visa application. Is it possible to travel into the US to get my visa stamped if it comes through when I am in Canada.

has anyone recent experience of this that they can share - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Hazard2012 wrote: »
    Travelling to Vancouver in 3 weeks - was hoping to work for the summer from college. However visa application was delayed due to the inability to scan the bar codes on the application. Paid the fee last Friday to continue the visa application. Is it possible to travel into the US to get my visa stamped if it comes through when I am in Canada.

It's not a visa. Enter either country on a holiday basis and once your work permit is granted collect it from the Canadian border

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lf2012

Hazard2012 wrote: »

There been very strict lately with visas der stoppin people goin in if dey dont ave a visa heard a few people wer send bk afta arrivin in canada.. Im due to go in two weeks stil avnt heard netin so now we avve to delay our flights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Hollybeanz

Seems the timelines are just very different for everyone...

- March 30th: I sent my application via registered post.
    - April 22nd: I got a "notice of receipt" email.
    - April 30th: I got an "accepted - payment requested" email.
    - May 4th: I went into my local AIB branch and paid the money direct to The Canadian Embassy account, exactly €105.00, with my WTN in the subject line. I then sent the IMM1295 form also with WTN in the subject line. I received a confirmation email back immediately for that.
    - May 15th: I received an email, "IEC Eligible - Sent to CIC"

Hopefully the next email I get will be the LOI. It's been exactly two weeks since the last email. I'm not too worried about it. I think the time just varies for everyone and anyone else who's at the same point as me would be fine I reckon.

Saying that, my brother got his notice of receipt on April 24th. Payment email on May 15th. He paid on May 24th by going into the branch and on May 25th received an email saying that the payment had not been received and he needed to send confirmation to the IEC. :confused:

I've spoken to AIB and they've said that lots of people are having this same problem. I don't know if it's a problem with AIB or if it's with the embassy. But they're printing out a lodgement for me to scan and send to the IEC as proof that he paid, so hopefully it'll work out okay. I couldn't be leaving the lil' bro behind! :(

Anybody have good news?

Hollybeanz wrote: »
    Seems the timelines are just very different for everyone...

- March 30th: I sent my application via registered post.
    - April 22nd: I got a "notice of receipt" email.
    - April 30th: I got an "accepted - payment requested" email.
    - May 4th: I went into my local AIB branch and paid the money direct to The Canadian Embassy account, exactly €105.00, with my WTN in the subject line. I then sent the IMM1295 form also with WTN in the subject line. I received a confirmation email back immediately for that.
    - May 15th: I received an email, "IEC Eligible - Sent to CIC"

Hopefully the next email I get will be the LOI. It's been exactly two weeks since the last email. I'm not too worried about it. I think the time just varies for everyone and anyone else who's at the same point as me would be fine I reckon.

Saying that, my brother got his notice of receipt on April 24th. Payment email on May 15th. He paid on May 24th by going into the branch and on May 25th received an email saying that the payment had not been received and he needed to send confirmation to the IEC. :confused:

I've spoken to AIB and they've said that lots of people are having this same problem. I don't know if it's a problem with AIB or if it's with the embassy. But they're printing out a lodgement for me to scan and send to the IEC as proof that he paid, so hopefully it'll work out okay. I couldn't be leaving the lil' bro behind! :(

Anybody have good news?

Well good news for me was that the time between getting the "Payment not recieved" email, and the "IEC Eligible - Sent to CIC" email was only 2 days. Which means they're most likely speeding up the one's that there was a screw up on

Just an update, got my 7B second phase letter in email yesterday eve. I sent an email to the following address re-ldn.immieceic@international.gc.ca about half an hour or so before I got my letter so im not sure if its just a coincidence or it was because of this email.

I got this email address from posts on a group on Facebook called Canada IEC 2012. USIT sent me the link to this page after I emailed them and they told me that someone from IEC was replying to people on this page which is pretty insane seeing as they cant reply to emails to their own address but they can reply to facebook. Anyway when i went on some woman from the IEC was replying to peoples comments. So check it out! Also when I was on someone said that the above email address was responding to emails so that was what I did and then I got my 7b second phase letter in an email. Whether it was on its way or not I dont know but give it a try people are saying they respond within an hous ir you put "Urgent " in the subject box. Hopefully my LOI wont take too long now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tia Ni Chlerigh

If anyone else feels the treatment they have received from IEC over Visa applications this year is disgraceful please comment on this article from today's Irish Times and there might be a chance that they will get back to those of us still waiting: http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/gene...-visas-filled/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hazard2012

Thanks Noel. Going to have to travel without work permit. Will have to travel from Vancouver to the US/Canadian border to collect it when it comes through and hope for the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Got sent to second phase on May 4th, then on the 17th I got an email saying my PDF IMM1295 hadn't been received (even though I got an automatic response saying it had been). Sent it again that day and haven't heard a thing in two weeks. Getting worried now as I'm leaving Saturday. Should have had my LOI weeks ago if other people's time lines are anything to go by. So frustrating to see people who sent their forms after me already have them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emc18

hey,
    if you recieve the 7B thing saying IEC sent to CIC, does this mean they've recieved payment? I never received an email specifically stating that they acknowledged payment but I'm assuming it's not just coincidence I'm receiving this email two days after paying? any word on how long-ish it's taking from the 7B email thing to actually being accepted?
    thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

emc18 wrote: »
    hey,
    if you recieve the 7B thing saying IEC sent to CIC, does this mean they've recieved payment? I never received an email specifically stating that they acknowledged payment but I'm assuming it's not just coincidence I'm receiving this email two days after paying? any word on how long-ish it's taking from the 7B email thing to actually being accepted?
    thanks

Same with me received the email saying I was passed onto cic on the 15th,never received the confirmation though.
    Seems to vary wildly as to when you fi ally get the LOI,though a poster(dazzler) got passed to cic the same day as me and he got his loi the other day,some people have been waiting a lot longer.There just doesn't seem to be any consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pesi2003

The whole thing has turned into a total joke.
    Timeline...
    1st applied Jan 20th
    sent back unablel to scan barcode
    2nd application recieved Feb 23rd
    apid March 31st
    sent to CIC April 18th
    May 10th medical request, canciled

then thats it despite trying to contact them nothing, all I want to know is they got that I canciled my medical and its not sat waiting for one that will never come. At this piont I'm juts waiting for a email saying its full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 colinmoroney

30th Jan - Sent application
    24th Feb - Email confirming application received
    28th Mar - Email requesting payment
    9th Apr - Sent payment using online transfer
    24th May - Email asking my to confirm payment as they couldn't locate it, so I sent on a screenshot of the AIB transfer
    27th May - IEC Eligible, sent to CIC

The latest email says the CIC evaluation can take up to 6 weeks! It has taken 5 months to get to this stage already. Shocking. But I'm at the last hurdle, so fingers crossed!

Advertisement