Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC CANADA VISA WAITING TIMES **PLEASE READ**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LS92109

I got my notice of receipt 2 over 2 weeks ago and it said they will let me know within 2 weeks if I am eligible and still have heard nothing. Having nightmares about visa's at this stage. Also they are still sending the notice of receipt email to people whose application was received after 28th May even though it was closed. Talk about being unorganized. It's ridiculous.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Garykelleher

30th Jan - Sent application
    24th Feb - Email confirming application received
    28th Mar - Email requesting payment
    9th Apr - Sent payment using online transfer
    24th May - Email asking my to confirm payment as they couldn't locate it, so I sent on a screenshot of the AIB transfer
    27th May - IEC Eligible, sent to CIC

The latest email says the CIC evaluation can take up to 6 weeks! It has taken 5 months to get to this stage already. Shocking. But I'm at the last hurdle, so fingers crossed!

I'm same as you. 24th couldn't confirm payment. 27th IEC Eligible. Everyone else i've talked to seem to have those two dates. when you going? Leaving on tuesday myself, not too hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jlav

I waited 3 weeks after getting the "passed to CIC" email. With only another week here in Canada until my visitor visa expires I emailed "re-ldn.immieceic@international.gc.ca" explaining my situation and that i had an employer impatiently waiting for me in Saskatchewan. I got the LOI the next day. Such a relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

My timeline as follows, my Girlfriend sent hers the same time as me in the same envelope, we put our applications separate in plastic folders. we received the same emails within minutes of each other through the whole process.

Notice of receipt, 28th March
    accepted, payment request, 24th april (27 Days)
    IEC Eligible, sent to CIC, 15th May (21 Days)
    LOI received, 29th May (14 Days)

I pay'd with Aib online banking.

I dunno did it help that i'm on there occupations list or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pesi2003

I dont understand how some people are being processed in 14 days after being passed onto CIC when I was passed on April 18th - now well over the 6 weeks it states. How is that first coem firsst served? I've emailed multipule times and addesses to check nothing of mines being lost but no reply, guess I'll be waiting till thursday now. It wouldn't bother me so much but the two friends who were going with me applied at the same time got theres end of April and have now being in Toronto a month while i'm sat waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I got my notice email to say they received my application...today!
    Just when I had resigned myself to the fact I was too late with the application, (only 12 visas left when I applied) ahh well, fingers crossed!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Panthro wrote: »
    Just when I had resigned myself to the fact I was too late with the application, (only 12 visas left when I applied) ahh well, fingers crossed!:D

Sent mine when there was 12 visas left also. What date did you send yours off to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

WasterEx wrote: »
    Sent mine when there was 12 visas left also. What date did you send yours off to them?

I think they would have received it on the 27th/28th of May.

I think they would have received it on the 27th/28th of May.

Cool, they received mine on the 28th but I've gotten no email from them yet! Anyway fingers crossed too I suppose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

My friend who sent his application on the same day as mine got his LOI friday. Im still waiting since May 15 since they sent it all to CIC. What an anoying process. Its no effected my job as my boss put me on contract until my visa current permit is up if I had my renewal I would have been made permanent and got benefits etc. :mad:

• Advertisement

Cool, they received mine on the 28th but I've gotten no email from them yet! Anyway fingers crossed too I suppose. :)

Noooooooooooooo...got the letter of death today:pac:
    Nah basically they say they couldn't read the barcodes so they returned my forms and stuff, dissapointed but does anyone think I should send the stuff back over to them with a new barcode or just wait until it opens up again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Noooooooooooooo...got the letter of death today:pac:
    Nah basically they say they couldn't read the barcodes so they returned my forms and stuff, dissapointed but does anyone think I should send the stuff back over to them with a new barcode or just wait until it opens up again?

sorry to hear about that,it's worth a shot,you've nothing to lose but I'd say ye'd be very very lucky seeing as how they say their not accepting apps since the 28th.might be better waiting for the next round,I think they usually open up in august,so not too long to wait.keeps yours eyes peeled and get your application in asap,if they were busy this time imagine what its gonna be like next time...

sorry to hear about that,it's worth a shot,you've nothing to lose but I'd say ye'd be very very lucky seeing as how they say their not accepting apps since the 28th.might be better waiting for the next round,I think they usually open up in august,so not too long to wait.keeps yours eyes peeled and get your application in asap,if they were busy this time imagine what its gonna be like next time...

Yeah since they said they won't accept applications after the 28th, I'll just leave it until whenever it opens up again :) Hopefully August like you said, that would be sweet!
    Do not want to be here for another year! The thoughts of it are killing me :pac:
    Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Oh God I sent my application and my BF's before the 28th aswell and we both got our notice of receipt this week.. Hopefully they still process the applications even tho there was only 12 left when we sent it.

Hope its not the case of saying they reached their quota and send it back :/

Fingers crossed we all get on :D Keep me posted.

has anyone gotten their loi without confirmation of Payment after being passed onto cic? Starting to worry as I was passed onto cic on the 15th and haven't received confirmation of payment yet,don't want to be refused coz a stupid mixup,they really are some band of cnuts,

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

has anyone gotten their loi without confirmation of Payment after being passed onto cic? Starting to worry as I was passed onto cic on the 15th and haven't received confirmation of payment yet,don't want to be refused coz a stupid mixup,they really are some band of cnuts,

Yes, you don't get passed to the cic if you haven't paid. The receipt of payment email is an unnecessary step which they do over look. Due to all the mix ups and awkward payment system it is a comforting email to get however.

You don't need to worry. Expect your LOI soon.

anyone ever get rejected after been passed to cic?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hollybeanz

Don't be worrying.. Mine got passed to CIC on the 15th May aswell and I got my LOI today..They don't send any confirmation of payment, the "forwarded to CIC" email kind of is the confirmation. I bet your LOI will come any day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

Hollybeanz wrote: »
    Don't be worrying.. Mine got passed to CIC on the 15th May aswell and I got my LOI today..They don't send any confirmation of payment, the "forwarded to CIC" email kind of is the confirmation. I bet your LOI will come any day now!

congrats, mine got sent on the 21 may,so hopefully soon:)

Well the long wait is finally over for me,and the outcome is pretty bad.After being passed to cic on the 15th and hearing from a few boardsies on the same time line I had being feeling hopeful about the all elusive LOI but it's not to be this year as unfortunately I've been rejected.A sickener I know but is was always a long shot as I have convictions(cannabis cultivation + simple possesion) so im not too suprised really,what annoyed me though is after sending my pack off I got a second garda cert that came in unasked for that stated I've no convictions!but for that coming in late,I'd be reporting good things,but as it stands,I'm in de pub drowning my sorrows!

Anyway that's my tale of wow,roll on the next time and hopefully I'll get it.thanks to everyone in the forums for the advice and support throughout the process,the best of luck for all still waiting and hopefully all goes well for yis!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

got mine this morning at 1,35am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 1Pound

Notice of receipt: 8th May
    Payment requested: 25th May
    Eligible sent to CIC: 7th June

Time frame not bad compared to others here, waited a month so far and next up is LOI within 6 weeks, touch wood. No problems with payment, went into AIB and made sure they put my WTN in the reference starting with IE, just emailed the stub as proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 colinmoroney

After sending off my application on Jan 30th, I finally received my LOI this morning at 1am. Almost 4 and half months later!

A couple of weeks ago, I got an email saying that my payment had not been received, even though I had transferred it using AIB internet banking. I just sent them proof of the transfer and a couple of days after I received the IEC Eligible email, followed this morning by my LOI. Relief!

This is the first year, seemingly, that the commission is processing Irish and UK applications at the same time and they have been so overwhelmed by the number of applicants. Hopefully, they'll learn not to repeat this next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Here is my timeline.

Sent application: 23rd April
    Email saying it was received: 2nd May
    Payment Email: 17th May
    Second Phase: 24th May
    LOI:12th June

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Here is my timeline.

dam making me jelous now

mine was Posted 30 march
    royal mail confirmed they recived it 4 April
    Email saying it was received: 22 April
    Payment Email: 30 April
    Second Phase: 15 May
    LOI: Still waiting :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Garykelleher

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Here is my timeline.

Lucky for some..
    Sent mine 20th Feb. only got second phase email 25th May, and still no LOI

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JoeMcSavlon

Could anyone give me some information on this??
    I have received my email asking to pay for my visa now can I just go to AIB Grafton where the Canadian Embassy's Account is & lodge there. I tried in another AIB branch in Walkinstown & the chap behind the counter just said I can only lodge it in & wouldn't give me a receipt with the WTN on it!! I spent 5minutes trying to explain that I should be able to but not too sure now what to do. Unfortunately I'm an Ulster customer so cant do anything with them!! could anyone just shed some light to me it would be much appreciated.

mine was Posted 30 march
    royal mail confirmed they recived it 4 April
    Email saying it was received: 22 April
    Payment Email: 30 April
    Second Phase: 15 May
    LOI: june 21

one long anoying wait it was but im happy now

Could anyone give me some information on this??
    I have received my email asking to pay for my visa now can I just go to AIB Grafton where the Canadian Embassy's Account is & lodge there. I tried in another AIB branch in Walkinstown & the chap behind the counter just said I can only lodge it in & wouldn't give me a receipt with the WTN on it!! I spent 5minutes trying to explain that I should be able to but not too sure now what to do. Unfortunately I'm an Ulster customer so cant do anything with them!! could anyone just shed some light to me it would be much appreciated.

i repied to you in the other forum you can actually pay it from any bank. Ulster bank can do a bank trasnfer for you and give you a recipt with the wtn on it. they are better as all their receipts are printed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mmmchoccy

jjbrien wrote: »
    anyone ever get rejected after been passed to cic?

I was wondering this too.

I got acknowledgment of my visa on 29 May, around the same day they sent out saying they wouldn't accept any more visas, so I was surprised when I got a payment request two weeks later and it was passed onto the CIC. I'm wondering if my chances are still good? Or very bad...

Advertisement