Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC CANADA VISA WAITING TIMES **PLEASE READ**

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

mmmchoccy wrote: »
    I was wondering this too.

I got acknowledgment of my visa on 29 May, around the same day they sent out saying they wouldn't accept any more visas, so I was surprised when I got a payment request two weeks later and it was passed onto the CIC. I'm wondering if my chances are still good? Or very bad...

well if they are looking for payment go ahead and do it better off in for a chance for a visa than not

• Registered Users Posts: 16 skbehan

My timeline so far...

Application posted : 28th May
    Notice of Receipt : 11th June
    Payment request : 18th June
    Sent to CIC : 27th June

Has anyone been rejected by the CIC because of issues with their IMM1295? I sent 3 extra forms to detail my 10 years work experience... Hope I did the right thing! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

they Specifically ask that you don't send any additional documents, but whatever, they will just discard them.

if your IMM1295 form is the same 1 you sent in your original application pack there wont be any issues. I 'think' they contact you at this stage if there is any issues however, and make an attempt to rectify. instead of just a blank rejection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Application Sent: 1st May
    Notice of Receipt: 9th May
    Payment Request: 25th May
    Paid : 30th May
    Sent to CIC: 6th June

Friend got his visa even though he applied after me. Know that timeline is far better than a lot of peoples but it's really frustrating esp now he's got his visa sorted....I want mine!! >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Application Sent: 1st May
    Notice of Receipt: 9th May
    Payment Request: 25th May
    Paid : 30th May
    Sent to CIC: 6th June

Friend got his visa even though he applied after me. Know that timeline is far better than a lot of peoples but it's really frustrating esp now he's got his visa sorted....I want mine!! >.<

mine was sent to CIC on the 18th June, got my visa today.
    Much quicker then I expected!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 skbehan

NoelAPM wrote: »
    they Specifically ask that you don't send any additional documents, but whatever, they will just discard them.

if your IMM1295 form is the same 1 you sent in your original application pack there wont be any issues. I 'think' they contact you at this stage if there is any issues however, and make an attempt to rectify. instead of just a blank rejection.

"Please send only the application form and not any of the supporting documentation."

Thats what I was worried about but in the Work Permit instruction guide it tells you to provide your ten years work history so I wasn't sure how else I could do that.

"Provide details of your previous Activity/Occupation for the past 10 years."
    "Note: If you need more space, print out an additional page of the form, complete this section and submit it with your application."

Anyway I did include the original form that I printed so hopefully I won't have any issues. I wish they made the process a little clearer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

mine was sent to CIC on the 18th June, got my visa today.
    Much quicker then I expected!

Yeah you and a few others I see commenting in the other thread all had your CIC phase only about 2 weeks and visa sorted!! I'm quite worried, why the hell is mine taking this much longer than my mates. Everything was filled in right >.<

Maybe tomorrow.... will just have to keep checking emails :/

Edit: Oh and wooooooooooooo on yer visa :D

Advertisement