Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

backdating tractor road tax

• 11-04-2012 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

folks have not taxed one of the tractors for the last year or 2. thought i heard something recently about new legislation regarding road tax and not being able to back date anymore and being liable for full amount or something like that i might have it arse ways. can you still go into guards and get that form signed or has anyone heard of this new law coming in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Yes I heard that too Vander, but can't for the life of me remember the exact details. I think it was on Matt Cooper's 'The last word' I heard it.

I'd say chance going into them and saying you only used it around the yard up until this, but that you want to bring it on the road now.

You couldn't say that with a car!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

does this odd law only apply to imported vehicles, eg you brought in a tractor from uk/north, and you must now tax it back to the date it was brought in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

that would have grave implications for a car lot with cars standing while the Tax was out.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

nothing has changed yet, in and get the form stamped and work away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement