Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home button repair, should I send it off??

• 11-04-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi

So about a week and a half ago, the home button stopped wiorking on my completely. I tried fixing (as in restets, syncing with itunes etc)it for about 3 days but nothing. Very annoying. Anyways, rang apple and they sent me out a box to send it back as its still under warranty for another month. Thing is, the home button has started working again. Like there was nothing wrong with it. Should I send it off, could they still recognise a fault? Dont want my warranty to run out and then the problem just comes back again.

What think ye?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

Send it off. I had the same problem with my old iPhone 4 last summer. Sent it off and got a brand new/replacement one within a few days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Definitely send it back. Make sure you describe the fault in detail, otherwise they'll send it back saying they couldn't find it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It won't fix itself. Apple know these buttons can stop/start working.

Send it BACK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

much obliged folks.

Phone backed up, boxed and ready to be collected by UPS

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes, i sent mine and got a new phone within a week. (iPhone 4)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Send it back. You get a 90 day warranty with the refurbs and the home button will eventually become a problem.

I did the same and it's been perfect since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

My is brutal at the moment and it just so happens am out of warranty

Would they still charge me for repair given it a know issue?

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

My is brutal at the moment and it just so happens am out of warranty

Would they still charge me for repair given it a know issue?

DT

I'm in the same boat only mine is already a replacement for one with a dodgy home button.
    Mine is out of warranty since last August, I think you have to pay about €120 to get a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

thehamo wrote: »
    Hi

So about a week and a half ago, the home button stopped wiorking on my completely. I tried fixing (as in restets, syncing with itunes etc)it for about 3 days but nothing. Very annoying. Anyways, rang apple and they sent me out a box to send it back as its still under warranty for another month. Thing is, the home button has started working again. Like there was nothing wrong with it. Should I send it off, could they still recognise a fault? Dont want my warranty to run out and then the problem just comes back again.

What think ye?

Exact same thing happened to mine. Stopped working for weeks, rang apple and then it started working perfectly again, they still replaced it.
    Also, when i rang i wanted a new one shipped asap so that usually costs €29 but they waived the €29 fee if i took an extended 1 year warranty (covering your new phone for another year from issues similar to the home button) for €69.
    Ask them about that when you ring again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Reganovski wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat only mine is already a replacement for one with a dodgy home button.
    Mine is out of warranty since last August, I think you have to pay about €120 to get a replacement.

So I rang apple about my dodgy home button. I'm 265 outside my warranty so I quoted the Sale of Goods & Services Act and EU law but alas no good. She said I had to contact vodafone to get a replacement and sent me this link

http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

If I contact vodafone, would I get a replacement? Anyone do this before?

• Advertisement
Advertisement