Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a house in Mallow

Options
  • 11-04-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hey Cork ppl,

I'm looking at renting a house in Mallow and commute via the N20 to the city for a job starting in 3 weeks. I'm not all that familiar with the town but can anyone give any hints or tips on the good/bad areas & good/bad houses in the town. Looking at a 2/3 bed houses but need to be able to squeeze me motorbike either in the garage or else down the back of the house.

Muchos gracias !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peteandjenn

Castle Park in the town is nice. College Wood is good too but it is outside the town and also there are a few new estates up spa glen near Cairn Woods. Places to stay away from would be Summerhill mainly. If you want to pm me on any estates that you have been looking at feel free to do so and I will tell you about them. All estates aren't perfect but are nice to live in, there are a few that you wouldn't want to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Thanks peteandjenn. Sending pm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭iuil1999

DK O'Brien is a good letting agent with a lot of properties around Mallow. I have a house rented out in Mallow and always get lovely tenants through him.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'd second Castlepark, parts of Summerhill are alright, and parts are not. You might get a out, but Castlepark is beautiful, I'd say you'd be able to rent a house out there no problem!

Don't rule out outside of Mallow, Mourneabbey and Dromahane would be on the Cork side of Mallow with reasonable enough rent I'd say. PM is open as well if you want!

Advertisement