Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hydraulics

• 11-04-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

I want to convert our trip loader to a power loader.
    its a tanco 968 on a david brown 996.
    its a small holding so there isnt too much work for it to do, so the trip was grand till now.
    anyhow, the old forks have seen their better days long ago, and i took them off a few weeks back. i got a 2nd hand fork for it, and need to weld up the brackets for it next.

what way do the hydraulics need to be setup?
    at the moment there is:
    a selector under the seat. this has three settings, they are either:
    front
    rear
    rear valve for tipping trailer.

on the right hand side of the seat there is an "up down" handle.

i think the oil flow goes through the the up down handle first, and then to the selector under the seat, which directs the flow to the front or rear of the tractor.

I think i need to get the pipe coming to the "up down" handle, move it into a valve chest with two handles, run the 2 valve chest outlets to the loader (up/down rams and tilt ram)
    the return flow from the tilt ram will return to the 2 handle valve chest, which will have a route to the oil reservoir again?

not sure which way to go with this one.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Best place to ask might be on the forums here:

http://www.dbtc.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

few yrs ago we got quickly stuck for a loader on a tractor and did a quick job on the hydralics that was only meant to last a few weeks till we got time to do it right.
    what we did was the feed to the valve chest we put a trailer head on it so it could connect into the tipping pipe on the tractor and put the lever in the tipping position about 3/4 way and tied it off there.
    for the return where was a fill screw at the top and we modded a pipe in there.
    it was only meant to be a temporary fix but ended up staying permanent and when tractor was sold recently it was still the same never had any problems with it.
    when we wanted a trailer on the back then we just lifted the loader to the height we wanted it and released the lever plugged out the fed for the loader and plugged in the trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

We have a DB995 with a trip loader. Who needs a power loader?:D
    I load and spread our slurry every year with it. I thought it was time to get a power loader but then realised that if I changed it, it would slow things down big time.

I've seen one converted. You've got to get extra valves. The first to divert the flow two ways. The other valve will then divert one of these flows, two ways in turn again, tip up and tip down. You should also use the dial at the back, in the 'external' position. Leave the main lever pulled back then, when working the loader.

Valves should be hand levered with spring return to the center positions. I'll put up a sketch later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Here's a quick sketch I did. I might do mine now too..:D

You need to get 2 similar valves as shown. It is important that the symbol matches the one shown, so that the pump doesn't pump against the tractor relief valve. It just goes straight through the valves when the valves are not used.
    The valves will be hand operated against springs. You can push the lever back and forward.

The selector valve is teh one you already have, for back arms, tipper, loader select.
    2 valves like this, side by side would do; check the oil flowrate of the tractor though, so teh valve can handle it.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/1-BANK-HYDRAULIC-LOG-SPLITTER-LEVER-VALVE-40-L-MIN-3-8-Free-UK-and-EU-Delivery-/310351018693?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item48425cbac5

Almost certain it works...:rolleyes:

Advertisement