Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fibre Optic broadband coming to Ballina and Castlebar in 2012

Options
  • 11-04-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

Great news, thats if eircom manage to get out of the mire its got itself in debt wise.

Lets hope they roll fibre right out to Manor Village.:D
    Phase 2 includes 13 communities in eight counties across Ireland. Work is expected to commence late this summer and will continue through to the end of 2012.

The locations announced today are in addition to 14 areas previously announced.

The communities include: Shantalla (Galway); Quaker Rd (Cork); Limerick City (Limerick); Rathedmond (Sligo); Ballincollig (Cork); Belcamp, Dun Laoghaire, Rochestown (Dublin); Ennis (Clare); Drogheda (Louth); Bray (Wicklow); Ballina and Castlebar (Mayo).

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/item/26583-eircom-reveals-locations-fo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

do you believe two words from eircon ?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It actually might happen. If it does, it's much more likely to be FTTC (fibre to the cabinet) than FTTP (to the premises).

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

oscarBravo wrote: »
    It actually might happen. If it does, it's much more likely to be FTTC (fibre to the cabinet) than FTTP (to the premises).

for three years they told me that my local exchange would be upgraded in the next six months

i cannot in all honesty believe a word from them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

oscarBravo wrote: »

your correct mate, but the press release does say FTTP will be used in some cases. So here is hoping. My line is crap though and i only get 5MB from a possible 8MB , if they roll this out would it improve my speed.

Advertisement