Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 online account blocked

Options
  • 11-04-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have had trouble with some malware on my home computer for over a week, I finally got rid of the beast and all of a sudden my phone broke, might be unrelated but when I got into work yesterday to check my balance my account was blocked.

I phoned the helpline and spoke to a girl there who was really just reading out the automated responses and did not have any technical knowledge about it at all. She suggested that the bank rang me and left a message on my phone about the attempted hacking of my account and urgently advised me to phone my branch. I explained about my phone going dead which may or may not be related.

What i dont understand at this point is how the account was blocked or flagged as being 'hacked', what exactly was the incident which triggered it? We went through all of my recent payment history and there was nothing out of the ordinary. There was no credit remaining on my credit card.

What other steps would you suggest at this point aside from cleaning the malware and having the phone re-flashed? I have removed the offending software from my computer already but my phone still wont turn on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Funkygreendogs,

I will double check this for you and will be in contact with you asap.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi

We take the security of our customers' accounts very seriously; in some instances we may block an account when we notice unusual activity. In order to assess the specific details of your situation please pm me your contact details and I will get someone to call you.

If you would like to find out more about how to protect yourself online please see these hints and tips on our website.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Hi Linda, its does not sem to be possible to be able to PM you at all, can you PM me any help information on getting through to someone who can deal with this from a technical perspective or let us know why it was blocked, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BArmagh

Same thing happened to me, got a call from someone in boi 365 online banking last week saying my online access had been suspended due to suspected attempted unauthorised access to my account. Was told that it would take a couple of days to investigate and that someone would be back in contact to reset my online account back up.

Have heard nothing since it's now over a week, have called and was told it's in a queue. Really need access to online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Good to hear im not the only one, I guess it might have been a pretty sizeable database of users details that was hacked or something. Although i dont remember buying anything online recently, odd thing is I dont think they even mentioned anything about my credit card they seemed more concerned about my current account and recent transaction history. I am in the process of claiming my tax back, through a reputable agent, still wonder if that might of had something to do with it. Apart from that I did sign up to some 3D secure BOI online payment thing but Im sure that legit, have you seen anything like that recently after buying something online?

• Advertisement

Hi funkygreendog,

Thanks for your pm, I will organise someone to give you a call regarding this.

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BArmagh

No they never mentioned credit card either just recent transaction history on my current account and any new beneficaries.

Definatly don't think it was related to a virus or malware as my laptop is always upto date with latest anti virus.

Hopefully can get restored soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mckaysoftware

My 365online account is blocked, but I do not have malware etc on my laptop. Additionally two separate people have told me they have recently lodged money into my account, yet i cannot see this when it go to the hole-in-the-wall. I am working away from home so cannot call into my branch. What are the chances of getting any satisfaction from this organization? Myabe I should just go check my lottery numbers instead ...

Ok - update. 365online is still blocked, nio doubt they will ask me for money to unblock that. BUT - money has been allowed to flow into the account, so the news is good.

Hi mckaysoftware,

Firstly, I am glad to hear the money has come through to your account.

Regarding your 365 online account that is blocked, you will need to call Banking365 on 0818 365 365 or if you are calling from abroad the number is 00353 14044000. Once you have answered a few security questions a 365 agent can unblock it for you. You will need to have your account number and your 365pin with you. There is no charge for unblocking a customer's online account.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement

Linda,

Thank you for the speedy response.

Can you explain your sentence "There is no charge for unblocking a customer's online account" please.

The only reason I would ring this number is to "unblock" the account, this is a B of I number and the DO CHARGE MONEY for using it. Thus I cannot see how this can be regarded as free, especially as the response is packed with irrelevant waffle.

Hi mckaysoftware

In your original quote you said:
    nio doubt they will ask me for money to unblock that.

I was letting you know there are no extra charges that would apply to your Bank of Ireland account for the service of unblocking the online account.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Linda,

Thank you for the speedy response.

Can you explain your sentence "There is no charge for unblocking a customer's online account" please.

The only reason I would ring this number is to "unblock" the account, this is a B of I number and the DO CHARGE MONEY for using it. Thus I cannot see how this can be regarded as free, especially as the response is packed with irrelevant waffle.

Plus you dont have to call the 0818 number if you get charged by your provider - you can always call the 01 number

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Iliana12

Hi I'm abroad and my 365 online account has been blocked. I don't use my Irish number here. What do I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Iliana12 wrote: »
    Hi I'm abroad and my 365 online account has been blocked. I don't use my Irish number here. What do I do?
    Good afternoon Iliana12,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

To unlock your 365Online account, please call BOI Direct on 00353 1404 4000 where a representative will be more than happy to help.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Many thanks,

Evie 

Advertisement