Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fez

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

360 exclusive yeah? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Sisko wrote: »
    360 exclusive yeah? :(

Apparently there are plans to bring it out on other platforms though, so it is not tied to MS at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just finished it
    charm wore off a bit as the game went on but still fantastic

didn't get all the secrets.. some of them were just an empty room with a secret marker and I jumped, clicked and span every which way before giving up on them

--edit

aside from the secrets i couldnt get and one or two other secrets I managed to figure out.. it just felt kinda like a very long cartoon. there was sod all challenge to it, a bit too intuitive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's a lot of backpeddling in it. I'd have hoped it wasn't the case. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

just finished it

didn't get all the secrets.. some of them were just an empty room with a secret marker and I jumped, clicked and span every which way before giving up on them

--edit

aside from the secrets i couldnt get and one or two other secrets I managed to figure out.. it just felt kinda like a very long cartoon. there was sod all challenge to it, a bit too intuitive.

That is the weirdest complaint I've ever heard.

• Advertisement

well outside of some of the secrets which were just head scratchingly "wtf am I supposed to do in this empty room" there was not really any challenge to the game
    it was just.. enter world
    twittle shoulder buttons, jump , twiddle buttons, jump walk, twiddle, jump.

there werent any moments in the main game that made you stop and try to figure out what to do next, everything was a bit obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

well outside of some of the secrets which were just head scratchingly "wtf am I supposed to do in this empty room" there was not really any challenge to the game
    it was just.. enter world
    twittle shoulder buttons, jump , twiddle buttons, jump walk, twiddle, jump.

there werent any moments in the main game that made you stop and try to figure out what to do next, everything was a bit obvious.

Ahh, that makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just got it tonight, played about 20 minutes of it and now I'm stuck in a room. Can't get out :mad: Good thing I am only 20 mins in!

Edit: Ha! literally seconds after posting that, I find another door out of the place :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm enjoying it, although wouldn't go as bat**** as most critics are. There are some rather clever puzzles in it, but an awful lot that are just about lining up vines or ladders. The 'secrets' are ludicrously vague at times... apparently there's an
    island that teaches you how to decode them
    , but it certainly didn't jump out! The branching structure can be a bit frustrating, even if the 'gold' map is a life-saver and rather handy indeed once you are accustomed to its eccentricities.

Only area I'd say it's mostly triumphant is in art design. The 'lightning' level -
    think it's behind the 8 cube door
    - is one of the nicest visual effects I've seen in a game in ages.

Here's to game with no combat to speak off, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

just finished it

--edit

From what youve said and from what ive heard the Giantbomb guys say about the game it sounds like you havent actually finished it

• Advertisement

I got all the cubes, there was a very strange and long cinematic and I have the option for a new game +

i didnt get all the secrets because they were too vague and after entering my fifth empty room with a secret marker that had nothing in it, I gave up on most of them unless I saw something early on that got me thinking about a puzzle.

do I need all the
    anti cubes
    for the "real" ending or something?

I got all the cubes, there was a very strange and long cinematic and I have the option for a new game +

i didnt get all the secrets because they were too vague and after entering my fifth empty room with a secret marker that had nothing in it, I gave up on most of them unless I saw something early on that got me thinking about a puzzle.

do I need all the
    anti cubes
    for the "real" ending or something?

Yeah from what ive heard you should play new game +

hrm
    the only things I have left to do in the game+ are the secrets that just irritated me in the first run through, all the levels are still done

ill have a look at it during the week

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Got a serious chuckle out of the
    QR code
    puzzle. Thought it might have just been a quick gag, but was a brilliant touch when it actually decoded and unlocked an achievement! Well played, Fish, well played.

Trying to decode the alphabet and number system now. Have figured out the main command code, but the numbering is very obtuse indeed. Have a page of notes from the classroom trying to figure it out :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The patch is being put back on line unchanged, so the save problem is still possible, http://polytroncorporation.com/were-not-going-to-patch-the-patch

Makes for a very interesting read, and a bit of an eye opener for me at least if all of what is said is true. That could do with a thread in it's own right. I know MS are not a charity but this was a revelation to me and now I finally know why some games just don't ever get patched :mad:

Allegedly the exact dollar amount to patch a game, excluding everything like development etc. and just what MS charge to re-certify is $40,000 :eek:

I could almost forgive LionHead for still not patching the remaining bugs in Fable 3 now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Save game problem doesn't affect me too much, I'm just starting into it now, but the polytron account is only one side of it apparently:

Penny Arcade Report

CatInABox wrote: »
    Save game problem doesn't affect me too much, I'm just starting into it now, but the polytron account is only one side of it apparently:

Penny Arcade Report

Another interesting read, and proves there is always another side to the argument. None of it paints Polytron in a good light, even their own statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

calex71 wrote: »
    None of it paints Polytron in a good light, even their own statement.
    and the link to polytron is giving a 404 error....

and the link to polytron is giving a 404 error....

Oh dear thats even worse :D

Here is what it said
    We’re bringing the first FEZ patch online.
    It’s the same patch.

We’re not going to patch the patch.

Why not? Because microsoft would charge us tens of thousands of dollars to re-certify the game.

And because as it turns out, the save file delete bug only happens to less than a percent of players. It’s a ****ty numbers game to be playing for sure, but as a small independent, paying so much money for patches makes NO SENSE AT ALL. especially when you consider the alternative. Had FEZ been released on steam instead of XBLA, the game would have been fixed two weeks after release, at no cost to us. And if there was an issue with that patch, we could have fixed that right away too!

We believe the save file corruption issue mostly happened to players who had completed, or almost completed the game. If you hadn’t already seen most of what FEZ had to offer, your save file is probably safe. It doesn’t happen if you start a new game.

We believe the current patch is safe for an overwhelming majority of players.

The patch fixes almost everything that’s been wrong with the game since launch. The framerate issues, the loading, the skips, the death loops, everything! All that stuff is fixed! And right now, nobody can get to it since the patch was pulled. For 99% of people, it makes FEZ a better game.

To the less-than-1% who are getting screwed, we sincerely apologize. We know this hurts you the most, because you’re the ones who put the most times into the game. And this breaks our hearts. We hope you dont think back on your time spent in FEZ as a total waste.

Microsoft gave us a choice: either pay a ton of money to re-certify the game and issue a new patch (which for all we know could introduce new issues, for which we’d need yet another costly patch), or simply put the patch back online. They looked into it, and the issue happens so rarely that they still consider the patch to be “good enough”.

It wasn’t an easy decision, but in the end, paying such a large sum of money to jump through so many hoops just doesn’t make any sense. We already owe microsoft a LOT of money for the privilege of being on their platform. People often mistakenly believe that we got paid by Microsoft for being exclusive to their platform. Nothing could be further from the truth. WE pay THEM.

So we’re going to go ahead and put Title Update back online, and for a vast majority of people it’s going to make FEZ a better game.

Thank you for your understanding and continuing support.

Sincerely,

The Polytron Team

Fez out on steam on May 1st http://store.steampowered.com/app/224760/, knew i was right waiting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

This is out on PC later on today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Really enjoying this game but I dont really know how to go about playing it now. I've gotten 69% done (in 3 hours of play). I've heard and seen that there is a code(s) within the game.

Will the game feed me this information on what it all means and how to go about deciphering it or is it completely up to me to observe and decipher the stuff that I've noticed in the world.

Really enjoying this game but I dont really know how to go about playing it now. I've gotten 69% done (in 3 hours of play). I've heard and seen that there is a code(s) within the game.

Will the game feed me this information on what it all means and how to go about deciphering it or is it completely up to me to observe and decipher the stuff that I've noticed in the world.

Pretty much entirely up to you.

Have a pen and paper handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

This recently got released across the Playstation range. Is anyone playing it now? I've been playing it a bit but am finding it very confusing. The world map just makes zero sense. Hard to know where to go or where you have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

This recently got released across the Playstation range. Is anyone playing it now? I've been playing it a bit but am finding it very confusing. The world map just makes zero sense. Hard to know where to go or where you have been.

I found the same thing. I like the game itself, but when some doors warp to random worlds and other doors lead back with no consistency, it can be very difficult to track where you are. Only played about an hour of it a while ago. Maybe the map might make more sense when I explore further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads I'm having the same issue keeping track of where I am in the world. Does it get easier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads I'm having the same issue keeping track of where I am in the world. Does it get easier?

Isn't there a map that shows you where you are? It is hard to follow at first but once you figure out how it works it is easier to keep track of where you are.

You also unlock portals that help you fast travel as the game progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,532 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

downloaded this a while back for the PS3, but the map also confused me, is it worth sticking at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

2smiggy wrote: »
    downloaded this a while back for the PS3, but the map also confused me, is it worth sticking at ?

Yes i enjoyed it a lot. I didn't warm to it quickly though but the more i played the more i enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

2smiggy wrote:

the map is the weakest aspect of an otherwise terrific game, one of the best games I played last year.

Advertisement