Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis Reunion?

Options
  • 11-04-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Opinions?

Comments

my favourite band of all time, im happy enough for them to stay broken up. They have a nice little back catalogue and i think it will be appreciated more if they left it the way they have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Well, let's hope not.

But realistically, I think the cash-in reunion tour is inevitable at some stage. There'll likely be some fake bust-up in an airport or at an awards ceremony shortly beforehand to stir up some hype. So keep your eyes peeled for that, the reunion won't be far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They will at some stage in the next few years without question. Hopefully it'll just be a tour though as they haven't made a good album in over a decade.

They will at some stage in the next few years without question. Hopefully it'll just be a tour though as they haven't made a good album in over a decade.

hmmm i would think almost the opposite to that, dont believe the truth and dig out your soul were good albums, thought the tour was awful for DBTT in 05/06 and improved slightly for the final tour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭mosstin

Opinions?

Isn't John Lennon dead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

It will happen at some point, I can certainly agree with that.

I won't hold my breath for a while because Noel Gallagher's solo album was very, very good and he will hopefully be producing more great tunes as the years go on.

Ultimately the Stone Roses reunion which is going to sell stadiums everywhere will make Noel and Liam jealous and Oasis will get back together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 214horatio

Maybe its a step too far to say, but in my opinion. Oasis produced two of the best albums ever made in the 1990s that being 'definitely maybe' and 'Whats the story morning glory' but after that, everything was fairly mediocre. I think it would be best if they left their legacy where it is. Noel seems to be doing a fine job himself at the moment and anyone knows that he was Oasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

karaokeman wrote: »
    It will happen at some point, I can certainly agree with that.

I won't hold my breath for a while because Noel Gallagher's solo album was very, very good and he will hopefully be producing more great tunes as the years go on.

Ultimately the Stone Roses reunion which is going to sell stadiums everywhere will make Noel and Liam jealous and Oasis will get back together.

This is pretty much exactly what i was going to come in here and write! Id say Liam would jump at the chance of a reunion already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Opinions?
    What about yourself? Since you started the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If them staying apart pisses off their more aggressive threatening fans, then they should stay apart. Some of their fans are complete assholes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

So sick of these threads now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Noel and Liam wanted to do their own stuff. Whether it was Noel sick of being told his songs werent rocky enough or Liam and co being told their songs werent good enough , the reality is this split was alot more amicable than we are led to believe. Its all part of the show.
    They will do a few albums solo then cash in for the reunion without a doubt. Oasis are great at selling the "we are two brothers that hate each other" story . They have been doing it since I can remember, fights on stage , in the airport during gig when Liam shows up but sits in stand.
    All you have to do is look at the different direction they both went musically and you can see the real reason they split.
    Now Im off to make breakfast gonna stick "whats the story" on . That was the best album by far and I think beady eye are close to making an album like it. I believe itll be out this year.
    Noel has kinda carried on in the evolution of oasis music , Liam has gone back to the roots of it.

Advertisement