Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to look for new apartment

Options
  • 11-04-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea if there's a particular time of year etc. when there's a greater supply of rental accomodation? Been looking for a 2 bed apartment in the Dublin 6 area for less than a grand but theres very little around at the moment. Since the rathmines area is very studenty I was guessing that more places might pop up around the end of college term in may/June. Anyone know if this tends to happen? Or if a certain time of year is better than another to find new accomodation..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Anyone any idea if there's a particular time of year etc. when there's a greater supply of rental accomodation? Been looking for a 2 bed apartment in the Dublin 6 area for less than a grand but theres very little around at the moment. Since the rathmines area is very studenty I was guessing that more places might pop up around the end of college term in may/June. Anyone know if this tends to happen? Or if a certain time of year is better than another to find new accomodation..
    Try talking to rental agencies who rent out to students and ask if they have anything coming up when students leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Not sure about Dublin but I know August is a bad time to go looking for an apartment in Naas because apparently a lot of teachers are back looking for accomodation (not sure how true that is but there is definately a shortage of apartments on the market at the end of the summer). Going on that logic the end of June would probably be a good time to look!

Advertisement