Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRS question on new mortgage

Options
  • 11-04-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if i had a mortgage before and got 7 years Tax relief on it.

Then I bought a new house, got a new mortgage, and moved into this house as my principle private residence,
    would i be entitled to TRS on this house as a not first time buyer ?

I don't see the answer here
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/tax-relief-source-mortgage-interest-relief.html

but i suspect that you are only entitled to TRS on your first mortgage, is that correct ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi kenneth2,

You can still get tax relief even if you are not a first time buyer. The only way to find out if you have a qualifying mortgage is to contact the revenue on 1890 46 36 26 and you will need your pps number. They will be able to check it all out with you and advise you of how to apply as well.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement