Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money advice please

Options
  • 11-04-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

what would be the best place to invest some money ( 60k ) , would it be to put it in a high interest a/c or something similar, i am no good with these sort of things and would appreciate any advice , at the moment the money is sitting in an a/c earning me nothing .Some info on me , I am single with 2 kids 14 + 15 , mortgage paid and no debts, i am working and earn a decent enough income .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Seek professional advice from a qualified financial adviser (QFA). Would you stand on the street and ask that question off a succession of complete strangers? Thats what you're doing by asking here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

coylemj wrote: »
    Seek professional advice from a qualified financial adviser (QFA). Would you stand on the street and ask that question off a succession of complete strangers? Thats what you're doing by asking here.

Let's just close the forum while we're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Op there is some great advice & opinions given here, take what you think is the best and then go and see a QFA if you so wish. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bah1011

Alot depends on your attitude to risk. There are alot of tests online which help you decide on your risk tolerance.

Here is an example. I'v seen better ones but I can find them now.

http://njaes.rutgers.edu/money/riskquiz/

Taking a cautious approach while still potentially providing you with a better return than interest accounts you could look at AAA rated corporate bonds or blue chip equities.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

coylemj wrote: »

all i was asking for was for some advice, imo their is a big difference to asking here to asking someone on the street ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

ciaeim wrote: »
    what would be the best place to invest some money ( 60k ) , would it be to put it in a high interest a/c or something similar, i am no good with these sort of things and would appreciate any advice , at the moment the money is sitting in an a/c earning me nothing .Some info on me , I am single with 2 kids 14 + 15 , mortgage paid and no debts, i am working and earn a decent enough income .

If you choose to go with a deposit, then read these guides to deposit products.

A term deposit might be best if you are happy to lock for a period of time. For example, KBC @ 4.15% for 1 year.

If you are not happy to lock, then an instant access account like KBC Smart Access @ 3.25% might be your best bet.

Advertisement