Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Rig Suggestions Please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Why newegg? Do you live in the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

No i dont i just used new egg to look at items and stuff why? Also guys i forgot to mention i will be building this during the Summer in like 5 weeks or so if it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74542374&postcount=1

Might want to fill that out, but as others will tell you. 5 Weeks is a long time away, and with computer components, the prices change a lot so you'd be best of asking a week before ordering ;)

Was just about to link that.
    Yeah Digy123, help us help you, fill it out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Digy123 wrote: »
    No i dont i just used new egg to look at items and stuff why? Also guys i forgot to mention i will be building this during the Summer in like 5 weeks or so if it helps

Newegg don't ship to Ireland. Anyway here you go:

Item|Price
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€33.65
    HIS HD 6870 IceQ X GDDR5 1024MB Native HDMI 2xDVI 2xMiniDP|€143.48
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€43.47
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€33.48
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch|€83.64
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)|€70.34
    ASRock H61M/U3S3 (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX|€54.30
    Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155|€105.26
    Rechner - Zusammenbau|€20.00
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€606.61

• Advertisement

Thanks man are you sure those parts will work together and will i need to buy any extra wires and stuff? also any idea what settings it could run Skyrim or BF3 at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

yeah that'll work you won't need anything extra. It depends on the resolution of your monitor but it should be mid-high settings on bf3 and skyrim.

You can't overclock that MB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

You can't overclock that MB though.

How do you overclock a MB?:pac:
    It doesn't really matter as its a budget build, and the 2500k + Z68 is an extra €60-70.

Still I'd go for a MB that allows for overclocking. He might get his hands on a 2500k or better in the future.

• Advertisement

To be honest im not really willing to try overclocking so i think i will stick to this build Also just wondering my friend said he might sell me an SSD for 30 euro its 60 GB could i use that too?

Hey guys just thinking is building it my self hard? can i mess anything up and how hard is it with this build

To be honest im not really willing to try overclocking so i think i will stick to this build Also just wondering my friend said he might sell me an SSD for 30 euro its 60 GB could i use that too?

What make is it do you know?
    Although, for 30euro I'd just say go ahead and get it. How bad can it be.
    If it still has warranty on it, even better.

Hey Guys is there anywhere in Ireland where i could buy these parts because as much good stuff as i have heard about that site i really want to buy my parts in person just how i am.Sorry for being awkward but where could i buy them? People said PC World and Maplins are over priced and outdated is there anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Osmosae

nope, there's no place in Ireland where you'll be able to get the same parts for anywhere near the same money. If there was we'd all be shopping locally (no1 likes the wait once you've hit the submit button :D)

Its not that its really just that i dont want it getting posted to the Wrong address or everything being in a Foreign language.I know i can trust it if i pay Via Paypal because i can get my money back and i know that the address and details are right is there any site where i can use Paypal and they post to the Paypal address?

Its not that its really just that i dont want it getting posted to the Wrong address or everything being in a Foreign language.I know i can trust it if i pay Via Paypal because i can get my money back and i know that the address and details are right is there any site where i can use Paypal and they post to the Paypal address?

Seems most people are afraid to use HWVS at first, I was too.
    But honestly, as soon as I got the payment sorted out, everything went extremely smooth.

I also wouldn't pay by paypal, as they charge an extra 3% on whatever the final cost of you build is, so you'd be paying an extra 18euro or so. Doesn't seem like much, but when its so simple to do a bank transfer its not worth spending. I think there may be a limit of 500euro too, or else thats for credit cards.

Either way, the site is very safe to use, there must be 100+ builds bought from there from this forum alone.

But what can i do if i never get the item? and will things be in German? also whats their Post times like?

But what can i do if i never get the item? and will things be in German? also whats their Post times like?

From when you do the bank transfer it can take any time from 1-3 days for them to receive the money.
    As soon as they receive it, they'll build it (if you pay them to build it) and send it out by the end of the day. Once they do that it takes about a week to reach you.
    In my case I got it good, I pay Wednsday evening, and they had received the money, built it and shipped it out of the warehouse by Thursday evening.

I don't think anybody here has never just not received their items, but their customer support is very good and as long as you fill in your details right everything will be fine.

No, everything will not be in german. Your PSU will likely only come with a european plug, so you'll need to get a three pin kettle lead for that.

If you really don't want to go with them, some other Irish based sites include:
    dabs.ie
    kompletts.ie
    pixmania.ie

Yeah as Flying said, i had reservations as well, but it couldnt have been any smoother. Hopping into the bank was the only inconveniences and that wasn't much of one since it took all of 2 minutes to complete :)

• Advertisement

Okay Guys thanks i am going to shop with them now Thanks guys

Guys i was watching This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhDfk2E35qo and the guy said that the card needs 500w power is this the same card? i want to be 100% sure this setup will run

Just took a look at the psu you were getting you could bump it up to a 500w, if you plan on possibly doing crossfire later you could boost it to a 600w or higher. The card itself doesn't draw 500w, but a 450w psu might be a tight fit for all your components. I'll leave it to one of the other lads to suggest an actual make, or to chime in and give a different perspective, sorry quite busy at the moment

When you say tight do you mean it would bearly run? and does it matter what 500w PSU i get i think i will get the company to build it for me because i tried to do a Basic computer build before and failed but if i just pick any PSU will they make sure it works before they ship it out to me?

Okay after reading around for a while i have seen that Super Flower arnt very good PSUs so i changed the PSU Guys i need to know will this work i have no idea my self and this is
    stretching my budget a bit now so will this final setup work for me?

CPU-Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155
    Ram-8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
    Gpu-HIS HD 6870 IceQ X GDDR5 1024MB Native HDMI 2xDVI 2xMiniDP
    Case-BitFenix Merc Alpha
    OS-Windows 7 Home premium 64 Bit
    HDD-Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)
    MotherBoard-ASRock H61M/U3S3 (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX
    CD Drive-LG GH22NS50/70/90 bare schwarz
    PSU-Corsair Builder Series CX500 V2, 500 Watt

So what i want to know is Will this work for me (IE) Will all the plugs fit and work the main fear i have is that i will get all this and something will happen like Plugs in the PSU arnt the ones i need for the GPU or something so can somebody please assure me that it will work?

Okay after reading around for a while i have seen that Super Flower arnt very good PSUs

I don't know where you've been reading, but I've never read a single bad review about them.
    Just people speculating because they weren't a well known brand.

You will get all the wires needed, except the plug will be a 2 Pin European plug so you'll need to get a new one of them, but you can pick them up anywhere and you probably already have a few lying around the house.

I don't know if they'll test it when thats done, I think there is an option to pay them extra to do all that, install Windows and stuff like that for you, and test the components. But they'll likely plug it in and turn it on or something just to see that everything powers up okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭M00lers

Okay after reading around for a while i have seen that Super Flower arnt very good PSUs

You must be reading in all the wrong places!!

Not all Super Flower PSUs are equal, some are a bit crap with a price to reflect the fact and some are excellent PSUs that are every bit as good as Seasonic, Corsair etc.

In fact some of there PSUs are just Seasonic PSUs with a Super Flower sticker on.

You'd do well to heed the advice offered on this forum, there are some very knowledgeable people on here.

Oh Okay guys thanks can somebody please link me to a Super flower PSU thats about 500W and would work on this setup i cant find one on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

Oh Okay guys thanks can somebody please link me to a Super flower PSU thats about 500W and would work on this setup i cant find one on the site

This should do fine ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭M00lers

If you want a modular, more efficent one check out this. More expensive but worth it IMO.

Advertisement