Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling on tiles - adhesive costs?

• 11-04-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭

I have 35 sq yds to tile over covered with glossy bathroom tiles. One tiler quoted me 680 euro for the adhesive and grout, while a local tile shop quoted me 200 for primer, adhesive and grout. Can't say if same brands. Needless to say, I am confused. Anyone care to comment on likely costs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to remove the old ones, and tile again onto whatever the substrate is? No need for primer and it is easy to work out how much adhesive and grout you need. Much less hassle and a better finish.

TT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 corktiler

mad price i could tile it and supply adhevise etc for around 700 euro. id go with the shop price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

corktiler wrote: »
    mad price i could tile it and supply adhevise etc for around 700 euro. id go with the shop price

I would not go with any of them i would remove the tiles.

Advertisement