Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Tunnel Tagging Options?!

• 11-04-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

I just started working in shannon ( Finally got a Job) and was trugging through posts about the limerick tunnel but can find what im after. Im looking to use the tunnel on the way to work, 5 times a week, 20 times a month, il come home through the city.

But, is there any service which offers some sort of discount if I buy in bulk through the tagging system?

Any info is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Parkmagic have a eflow tag. www.parkmagic.com It was e30.00 for the tag a year ago, not sure about now. Just remember though a car costs e1.80 to use each way, but if you use a tag it costs an extra 18cent on top of that each time you use the tunnel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

There's no discount available. I do the same as your planning every day. It's €1.80 whether or not you have the tag. If you get the tag you get topped up by €18 automatically from your CC when you balance goes below a certain level ( I think its €10 but I'm not 100% sure).
    Info here http://www.limericktunnel.com/FaqTAG.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

meg3178 wrote: »
    Parkmagic have a eflow tag. www.parkmagic.com It was e30.00 for the tag a year ago, not sure about now. Just remember though a car costs e1.80 to use each way, but if you use a tag it costs an extra 18cent on top of that each time you use the tunnel.

So it costs more to use the tunnel with the tag?

Where is the logic in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Yep, I couldn't understand why the credit was going down so fast until I went into the statement on park magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

So it costs more to use the tunnel with the tag?

Where is the logic in that?

Guess the tag companies gotta make some money too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭eFlow: John

Hi all,

eFlow has a tag a/c which can be Pre-Pay or Bill Pay (Post Pay). The cost of the toll for the Limerich Tunnel is the same (€1.80 for a car one way) and we do charge for the hire of the tag (€1.23 per month).
    • Pre-Pay: €40.00 initial credit. When credit drops below €12.00, an auto top-up of a minimum of €30.00 is taken.
    • Post Pay (Bill Pay): No money up front, we send a statement at the end of the month and take payment automatically from the 12th day of the following month.
    We accept Visa, Mastercard and ROI Lasercard. We also operate a Direct Debit + scheme for payments.

If you would like to setup an eFlow Tag account, go to www.eflow.ie and register. Our tags work on all ROI tolls with a €1.00 discount per journey on the M50.

You can also go to www.tagcompare.ie and compare other tag suppliers and select the one best suited to you.

Hope this helps,

John

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Hi all,

eFlow has a tag a/c which can be Pre-Pay or Bill Pay (Post Pay). The cost of the toll for the Limerich Tunnel is the same (€1.80 for a car one way) and we do charge for the hire of the tag (€1.23 per month).
    • Pre-Pay: €40.00 initial credit. When credit drops below €12.00, an auto top-up of a minimum of €30.00 is taken.
    • Post Pay (Bill Pay): No money up front, we send a statement at the end of the month and take payment automatically from the 12th day of the following month.
    We accept Visa, Mastercard and ROI Lasercard. We also operate a Direct Debit + scheme for payments.

If you would like to setup an eFlow Tag account, go to www.eflow.ie and register. Our tags work on all ROI tolls with a €1.00 discount per journey on the M50.

You can also go to www.tagcompare.ie and compare other tag suppliers and select the one best suited to you.

Hope this helps,

John

I work in limerick and do the opposite. Do you want to swap jobs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭__Robinhood__

To sign up to bill pay, is it a months notice before cancelling? Can the tags be used if the infamous express lane does not work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Tolltag.ie have a similar plan as described by the eflow rep above.

If the express lane doesn't work for you you can enter any other lane and it will work. You won't be charged twice.

You'll will find it very hard to use it only one way. I live in Shannon work in Raheen and when the tunnel first opened I planned to use it once a day.

But the time saved and the slight reduction in fuel costs over the week mean I use it each way..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Worth noting that if like me you're lazy and in a rush, you use the coin basket and spend €2 a go (no change given) you could save a bit by having a tag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Worth noting that if like me you're lazy and in a rush, you use the coin basket and spend €2 a go (no change given) you could save a bit by having a tag.

Just have the exact change, simple:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭eFlow: John

Hi again,

eFlow has no minimum contract period and the tags can be used in other lanes as Twin-go mentioned. All tags (irrespective of supplier) work on all ROI tolls. Over time, they will save on time, fuel and that inevitable day when you have no change.

Express lanes work best if you stay well behind the car in front, slow down to the recommended speed and ensure your tag is correctly mounted. It is also worth checking if your vehicle has an 'Athermic' windscreen. These windscreens have a coating to prevent the car overheating in summer. This can block the radio signal from the tag. If ther is a series of black dots above the rear view mirror, the windscreen may be 'Athermic'

Here are some vehicles which may be fitted with Athermic windscreens:
    • BMW - 3 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series, X5
    • Citroen - Picasso, C5Xsara, Xantia
    • Ford - Galaxy, Mondeo
    • Fiat - Multipla
    • Mercedes - W220-S Class, Vaneo
    • Peugeot - 206, 306, 307, 607
    • Renault - Traffic, Scenic, Espace, Megane, Safrane, Laguna, Clio, Master, Kangoo, Picasso
    • Vauxhall - Zafira
    Thanks for the offer Frank, I will gracefully decline as I live in Cork:)

Hope this information helps,

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

I use park magic for the toll and for parking in Limerick they are brilliant, you can park in Limerick for 1/2 hour for 50c

Advertisement