Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSG 1911

Options
  • 11-04-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Just off phone with my FO my licence was approved yesterday for my GSG1911 .22 pistol.:D
    should have licence in next few days and then just have to wait around six weeks for it to be shipped from germany:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnnymolloy

thats a gorgeous looking gun. is it restricted or unrestricted firearm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Fair play lad thats great news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

thats a gorgeous looking gun. is it restricted or unrestricted firearm

Only a five round mag so its unrestricted.

http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index.php/en/1911-tech-en

mine is same as the top full black one

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slingshot88

best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

nice choice, imo that's the best looking design of pistol on the market

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

cushcam wrote: »
    nice choice, imo that's the best looking design of pistol on the market

1911's are class firearms. JMB sure knew how to design good guns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Great envy from over here in yUK, where we have to have a ludicrous-looking 'moderator' on the front, and a weighted 'counter-balance' extension on the back to make it legal.

Enjoy!!

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreatGayHunter

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    Just off phone with my FO my licence was approved yesterday for my GSG1911 .22 pistol.:D
    should have licence in next few days and then just have to wait around six weeks for it to be shipped from germany:eek:

Great looking and firing bit of kit, just check the Bushing before your fire it, I didn't and scraped the barrel, as there was a Rim/lip on the Inside of the bushing where the two ring meet. Scraped the barrel, and had it machined out.

Lots of accessories for them out there,
    CCI standard works very well, 100 mini mags to break her and off you go,
    Tried some Pistol Match in her but they didn’t cycle after the first shoot.
    I’ll be trying some Federal bulk pack in her this week to see how she runs less than €38.00 per 525, good for practice
    Great Gun much better finish than the Colt, lots of stuff on YouTube about them.
    Enjoy her….
    G.G.H.

Are you using a holster with yours? if so what one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Are you using a holster with yours? if so what one?

I have a colt 1911 .22 railgun and I'm using a fobus holster for railed 1911's. Fits perfect. I don't think the dimensions are very different between the GSG and the colt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Nice I'd nearly buy one, what's the cost out of Germany? Guessing this what the Ftr rig bought you, how's the 10/22 coming on?

Nice I'd nearly buy one, what's the cost out of Germany? Guessing this what the Ftr rig bought you, how's the 10/22 coming on?

I got it from paddy fagan from www.gunshop.ie at a cost of €700 he imports it for you once licence is granted.

my 10/22 is nearly there. have a kidd barrel coming and need a bolt,cocking handle
    And a kidd trigger then im finished i hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I got it from paddy fagan from www.gunshop.ie at a cost of €700 he imports it for you once licence is granted.

my 10/22 is nearly there. have a kidd barrel coming and need a bolt,cocking handle

"And a kidd trigger then im finished i hope!"

And that will be the biggest improvement that you can do for the Ruger 10/22. The number 1 upgrade for all 10/22's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Christ there $350 dollars state side but there nice enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭loonymoony

hey did you get your GSG, i am thinking of getting one, how would you rate it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

loonymoony wrote: »
    hey did you get your GSG, i am thinking of getting one, how would you rate it?

have you seen this

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456136

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭loonymoony

great read,cheers

Christ there $350 dollars state side but there nice enjoy

We have to pay a LOT more for EVERYTHING here in Yoorup because we are bailing out the Greeks, Spaniards and soon, the Italians in the EU. In the USA all they have to pay is the importer/dealer mark-up and appropriate taxes.

I have always wondered why my favourite reloading powder, Vihtavuori, made in Finland, costs less than half as much in Washington and Oregon as it does here in UK. The answer is the same - gubmint taxes.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

That is madness tac!

That's why I buy as much as I can that I am able when we are home in Canada or in the USA.

Shoot-n-See targets I get from an overstock company in Oregon at 1/3 the UK price - even bags of cleaning patches are less than half-price and I go through a LOT of them, even using a foam barrel cleaner.

I haunt my local gun-store in Portland OR, and have the nickname of 'The Locust' from the guys there.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭raymonjdevine

tac foley wrote: »
    We have to pay a LOT more for EVERYTHING here in Yoorup because we are bailing out the Greeks, Spaniards and the IRISH and soon, the Italians in the EU. In the USA all they have to pay is the importer/dealer mark-up and appropriate taxes.

I have always wondered why my favourite reloading powder, Vihtavuori, made in Finland, costs less than half as much in Washington and Oregon as it does here in UK. The answer is the same - gubmint taxes.

tac

Fixed that for you :rolleyes:

FTR the UK are not far off needing a bail-out either ;)

The Germans, you'll find are doing most of the bailing out :)

UK is not in the Eurozone. Nobody will bail THEM out.

tac

Advertisement