Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding J visas to the US.

Options
  • 11-04-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey there, wondering if anyone has any information for me on the below. I've been researching all day and it looks like I'm getting mixed messages.

I finished the one year graduate visa to the US in February of 2011. I'm now wondering if I can apply for the Professional Career Training Visa? My confusion arises from the fact that the USIT website mentions that you need 2 years between J visas, but other sources have said this is not the Case (I've called CIEE about this, and they mentioned that you could waive the 2 year rule by contacting your local embassy).

If anyone has been in a similar situation and could give me some insight it would be great appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

That rule is specific to the travel company only AFAIK. I took two 1 year visas back to back and never had issues with time in between them, didn't have to get any waivers or anything. As long as I proved that I had something to come back to Ireland to and I could support myself financially (ie had a job) while in the US I was set.

Advertisement