Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mechanic with recovery - dublin northside

• 11-04-2012 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

:mad:

went to start the bike this morning, sounded a bit rough.
    gave it about ten minutes to warm up, still didnt sound 100% but thought it might be the cold/damp so decided to head off and let her warm up on the road.

didnt go well, after about 500 yards, no power when turning the throttle. bike rolled to a stop, then cut out dead. turns over but seems like no fuel getting to the engine. took the car instead and left it till this evening. got home and still the same, turns over but wont start.

im thinking, its fuel lines or possibly carbs blocked but dont have any gear to do any work myself. i dont need the bike for the next few days so not in any rush to call out a receovery vehicle (not covered by insurance) so was just wondering if there are any garage recommendations around north dublin that would pick up the bike for cheap rather than have to pay the call out fee for one of the recovery trucks. or is that just chancing my arm?

also, its a cbr600f4 in case anyone has any magic fixes...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Who do you normally use as a mechanic? Where abouts on the north side are you? Would you be close to Xtreme45? I know a few lads, one in Crumlin, one in Trim, one in Leixlip....if you're really stuck, I'd be more than happy to transport the bike for you (within reason of course) as I have a trailer that I use for bringing my bike to track days and helping out lads from time to time. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

one in Crumlin

Robbie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

OP, I know this might sound obvious but check has someone turned your reserve fuel yoke (for want of a better word) to 'Off'. Happened me before in town but luckily I noticed it. Also another thing to check is has one of the hoses that attach to the little air ducts at the front of the bike that bring air to the engine come off. This also happened to me and couldn't figure it out for ages, bike would only go about 15 mph as there was no air going to the engine. Once I popped it back again it was brand new. Just a few things you could check. My bike is also a CBR 600F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pg motorcycle

Hi my name is paul, I would take your bike up to rpm in drogheda if I was you, he is excellent with motorbikes, call me on 086 212 82 41 if you want anymore help,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I only have the bike and couple of months so haven't had to use a mechanic yet.
    I'm in Dublin 13 so anyone around here?

I'll check those things monkey bonkers, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

+1 on RPM. I'm in Swords and I use them all the time. Ronan and the lads are sound and it's worth travelling that bit extra to know your bike's in safe hands. Very competitive too. :)

Hope you get sorted OP, the weather's too nice not to have your bike on the road. :D

Robbie?

No, Dave. He's a genius with bikes!
    OP, I know this might sound obvious but check has someone turned your reserve fuel yoke (for want of a better word) to 'Off'. Happened me before in town but luckily I noticed it. Also another thing to check is has one of the hoses that attach to the little air ducts at the front of the bike that bring air to the engine come off. This also happened to me and couldn't figure it out for ages, bike would only go about 15 mph as there was no air going to the engine. Once I popped it back again it was brand new. Just a few things you could check. My bike is also a CBR 600F

Actually, that's so simple it's possible. Maybe something as simple as a vacuum pipe or something like that. Or a coil?

+1 on RPM. I'm in Swords and I use them all the time. Ronan and the lads are sound and it's worth travelling that bit extra to know your bike's in safe hands. Very competitive too. :)

Hope you get sorted OP, the weather's too nice not to have your bike on the road. :D

Actually, yes! I didn't even think about Ronan. He's a good lad too.
    subway wrote: »
    I only have the bike and couple of months so haven't had to use a mechanic yet.
    I'm in Dublin 13 so anyone around here?

Probably the nearest lad to you would be this guy: http://d15motorcycles.yolasite.com/ he should be pretty close to you and he's not bad to deal with.

thanks for the replies lads, couldn't figure it out myself so called the lads in d15 and they are going to arrange a pickup for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

thanks for the replies lads, couldn't figure it out myself so called the lads in d15 and they are going to arrange a pickup for me.

Paddys Pitstop is in Northstrand, don't know if he does a pick up service.

Is this Al that used to work in Zompax in santry??

• Advertisement

the lads out in D15 sorted it out, all back up and running now.
    got a few other bits sorted out too so the bike is 100% again for the summer.
    better off getting it dont all at once.

zompax (haha) brings back memories :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

the lads out in D15 sorted it out, all back up and running now.
    got a few other bits sorted out too so the bike is 100% again for the summer.
    better off getting it dont all at once.

zompax (haha) brings back memories :)

Haha good to hear you are back on 2 wheels, thought you said you didn't know if you would ride again after your arm, good to see you are.

It's Graham btw haha im on a gsxr 600

Advertisement